Author Topic: Youth violence lower in countries with complete ban on corporal punishment  (Read 422 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
A study shows that in countries where there is a complete ban on all corporal punishment of children there is less fighting among young people. There was 31 percent less physical fighting in young men and 42 percent less physical fighting in young women in countries where corporal punishment was banned in all settings, compared with those where corporal punishment was permitted both at school and at home. In countries where there was a partial ban on corporal punishment (such as in Canada, the US and the UK where corporal punishment not banned at home), the level of violence in young men was similar to that in countries with no bans, though the level of violence in women was lower (at 56 percent).

[excerpted]

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181016131958.htm

The one "atmospheric" condition of this survey that they apparently "neglected" to consider is cultural norms.  In many parts of the world, kids are raised in homes that teach respect and obedience to their elders.  Asia is a prime example.  In the Western World?   :pondering:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
"All we can say, at this point, is that countries that prohibit the use of corporal punishment are less violent for children to grow up in than countries that do not," says Frank Elgar.

****slapping
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley