Author Topic: Trump Rips Media For ‘Distorting’ Comments On Robert E. Lee  (Read 496 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Rips Media For ‘Distorting’ Comments On Robert E. Lee
11:44 AM 10/14/2018 | [object Object]
Saagar Enjeti | White House Correspondent

President Donald Trump attacked NBC News for distorting his recent comments on Confederate General Robert E. Lee, in a Sunday tweet.

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

NBC News has totally and purposely changed the point and  meaning of my story about General Robert E Lee and General Ulysses Grant. Was actually a shoutout to warrior Grant and the great state in which he was born. As usual, dishonest reporting. Even mainstream media embarrassed!
8:56 AM - Oct 14, 2018

more
https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/14/trump-media-robert-e-lee/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump Rips Media For ‘Distorting’ Comments On Robert E. Lee
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »
NBC News issues correction after misquoting Trump remark about Civil War general
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/nbc-news-issues-correction-after-misquoting-trump-remark-about-civil-war-general
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:10:14 pm »
I cant get over the ridiculousness of those trying to make an controversial issue of the American Civil War.

Seriously, aren't there other more pressing matters at hand?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 08:29:09 pm »

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1051523821642113025

CORRECTION: An earlier tweet misidentified the general President Trump described as "incredible" at a rally in Ohio. It was Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, not Gen. Robert E. Lee. An attached video clip lacked the full context for Trump's remark. Here is the full clip. pic.twitter.com/NZHj3Q2dHL

1:23 PM - Oct 14, 2018

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn