Author Topic: Would Republicans bend on the next Supreme Court confirmation fight?  (Read 315 times)

rangerrebew

October 14, 2018
Would Republicans bend on the next Supreme Court confirmation fight?
By Peter Skurkiss

Start with Senator Chuck Grassley. Could he become a problem in confirming the next Supreme Court nominee? This might seem like a strange question to ask after the senator's stellar performance as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the confirmation battle of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. It all depends on the timing.

The concern over Grassley arose from a recent interview he had with Fox News Channel's Martha MacCallum, The Iowa senator was asked whether he believes the Senate should take up a hypothetical Supreme Court nominee during 2020, when President Trump is up for reelection.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/would_republicans_bend_on_the_next_supreme_court_confirmation_fight_.html#ixzz5TuaAOvJv

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Would Republicans bend on the next Supreme Court confirmation fight?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:58:40 pm »
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

If there is even a hint of the Pubbies welchin' on his next nominee, President Trump should use the power of recess appointment -- and then MAKE THEM do their jobs...!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Would Republicans bend on the next Supreme Court confirmation fight?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:24:53 am »
I sure hope not.