Author Topic: Medicare Part B Premiums Rise Modestly In 2019  (Read 1033 times)

Offline mrclose

Medicare Part B Premiums Rise Modestly In 2019
« on: October 12, 2018, 11:45:43 pm »
Medicare Part B Premiums Rise Modestly In 2019, Except For Hefty New Hit To Highest Earners

For 2019, Social Security is getting a 2.8% increase.

Medicare Part B is increasing from $134 to $135.50.

Other rates for high earners.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2018/10/12/medicare-part-b-premiums-rise-modestly-in-2019-except-for-hefty-new-hit-to-highest-earners/#3caf84d46c5c
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Applewood

Re: Medicare Part B Premiums Rise Modestly In 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 01:42:22 am »
Another thread said SS benefits are rising next year.  I guess like any other year, whatever raise in SS the seniors get will be wiped out by a Medicare premium increase.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 02:40:43 am »
Another thread said SS benefits are rising next year.  I guess like any other year, whatever raise in SS the seniors get will be wiped out by a Medicare premium increase.
How did you figure that?

if you look at the respective increases, they are not offsetting each other at all.

The SS benefit increase is a lot higher than the part B premium increase.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 02:47:41 am »
How did you figure that?

if you look at the respective increases, they are not offsetting each other at all.

The SS benefit increase is a lot higher than the part B premium increase.

I'm going to upgrade my BC/BS part B coverage to include vision and dental.   Whatever it costs, it costs.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald