Author Topic: There Are RINOs but Never DINOs  (Read 537 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There Are RINOs but Never DINOs
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:52:15 pm »
October 11, 2018
There Are RINOs but Never DINOs
By Steve Feinstein

The RINO is an interesting political phenomenon and relatively new.  It stands for Republican in Name Only, meaning that although the office-holder is a registered Republican, his voting record and public statements are too often aligned with liberal causes.

Charlie Baker, the current governor of Massachusetts, is a classic example of the RINO.  He openly and proudly supports the Bathroom Bill (a Mass. ballot question that will allow any person of any sex or "gender identity" to use any public bathroom he chooses); refuses to come out strongly against sanctuary cities; and will not champion the rollback of Massachusetts's onerous state sales tax, which was raised by preceding Democratic Governor Deval Patrick from 5% to 6.25% – an astonishing 25% increase.  In fact, Baker's overall policy approach and his stances on traditional Republican-conservative issues are so left-leaning that he has earned the derisive sobriquet of "Tall Deval" – a reference to his 6-ft., 5-in. height and his liberal governing philosophy.  That his approval rating is so high in heavily Democratic Massachusetts that he is called "The Most Popular Governor in the Country" says it all.  He is, indeed, the prototypical RINO.

This kind of politician seems to exist only on the Republican side of the fence.  Only Republicans have to scramble to make sure all their members are on board for crucial congressional votes.  When a Senate vote looms on a controversial measure, only Republicans have to be certain that all their members are on the same page.  John McCain was famous for deviating from Republican orthodoxy, earning him the positive-intentioned nickname from the liberal mainstream media of "Maverick of the Senate."  There are many Republican politicians who are famous for their voting or public speaking "undependability," such as Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Jeff Flake (Ariz.), Rand Paul (Ky.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), and Susan Collins (Maine), and, before her, Olympia Snowe (Maine).  With the Senate as closely divided between the parties as it's been in recent years, a few perfidious Republican senators are all it takes to defeat a conservative initiative.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/10/there_are_rinos_but_never_dinos.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: There Are RINOs but Never DINOs
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:53:12 am »
Title:
"There Are RINOs but Never DINOs"

Of course not.
They're nearly all committed democrat-communists.

(I would have said "all" instead of "nearly all", but Manchin of W.Virginia voted for Kavanaugh -- credit where credit is due, but vote for the "R" in the election anyway!)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:42:31 am »
Even the least of Satan's minions know their master.  :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 11:47:20 am »
Many West Virginians believe Manchin is a DINO and ask why he doesn't just join the Republican party. But Mojo actually has no core principle other than "do and say whatever keeps me in office." He changes his positions on gun control, abortion and various other issues on a regular basis, depending on the audience du jour and how close it is to election day. Instead of a D or R after his name, there should be an O, for opportunist. Or just JM, for himself.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:18:18 am »
credit where credit is due, but vote for the "R" in the election anyway!)

Yes.  We must be sure to teach him a lesson so he never makes that mistake again!

And we wonder why there are no DINOs when we try to kill off any that might arise.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 08:04:20 am »
I live in MA and I refuse to vote for this idiot Charlie Baker. A true nowhere man because he has no future in the GOP.