Author Topic: Michelle Obama is getting heat for her friendship with 'wonderful man' George W. Bush: 'I love him t  (Read 632 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Michelle Obama is getting heat for her friendship with 'wonderful man' George W. Bush: 'I love him to death'

Michelle Obama went on Today Thursday morning to promote International Day of the Girl and announce the launch of the Obama Foundation’s Global Girls Alliance to empower girls through education. Still, despite all the girl power on display, she couldn’t avoid fielding questions about her relationship with someone who was once the most powerful man on the planet.

Barack? Nope — though the former first lady did credit their successful marriage to having separate bathrooms. Hosts Hoda Kotb and Savannah Guthrie couldn’t resist asking Obama about her friendship with a different ex-POTUS: George W. Bush, who also happens to be the father of Today correspondent Jenna Bush Hager...

“President Bush and I, we are forever seatmates,” she shared. “Because of protocol, that’s how we sit at all the official functions. So he is my partner in crime at every major thing where all the formers gather. So we’re together all the time, and I love him to death. He’s a wonderful man; he’s a funny man...

More

Offline LottieDah

George W. Bush isn't perfect but he certainly is likeable.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Agreed.  He more personable and more likable than the asshat, AKA B. Hussein Obama.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It really is a shame that being friends with someone who has a different political view is seen as dramatic, problematic and creates a media frenzy.  Good grief this happened almost 6 weeks ago and its still being reported.  Really folks?  Being friends with George doesn't make her a conservative and George being friends with Michelle doesn't make him a liberal.  It makes them human beings for crying out loud.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Michelle Obama is 'running' for POTUS.   At best, she'd be a figurehead/partner with her husband.

They feel Barack Obama is their only hope to regain power...at this point.

Trying to portray her as a centrist of sorts because she has a true fondness for Pres. Bush.  That's all it could be...for really, who gives a damn?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Michelle Obama is 'running' for POTUS.   At best, she'd be a figurehead/partner with her husband.

They feel Barack Obama is their only hope to regain power...at this point.

Trying to portray her as a centrist of sorts because she has a true fondness for Pres. Bush.  That's all it could be...for really, who gives a damn?

They were friends long before McCain's funeral.  Who really gives a damn are the liberal mental midgets who have been persuaded and believe the b.s. and hype from Hillary and Holder ... that there can't be civility until they are in control ... kick 'em low.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
It really is a shame that being friends with someone who has a different political view is seen as dramatic, problematic and creates a media frenzy.  Good grief this happened almost 6 weeks ago and its still being reported.  Really folks?  Being friends with George doesn't make her a conservative and George being friends with Michelle doesn't make him a liberal.  It makes them human beings for crying out loud.

@libertybele Stop being an adult.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yes, he is.  I cannot understand the vitriol so many here seem to feel for him.  Nobody can be perfect but George Bush is good.  He did me three huge favors.  He beat out Ann Richards for governor when even his own mother didn't think he had a chance.  He beat two really despicable candidates for President, and that alone was a huge benefit to our country.

Remember Algore, the climate King, and John Kerry, the swiftboat guy.

I will always have a lot of respect for GWB.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.