Author Topic: Dems struggle to mobilize Latino voters for midterms  (Read 441 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems struggle to mobilize Latino voters for midterms
« on: October 12, 2018, 02:24:56 am »
Dems struggle to mobilize Latino voters for midterms
The Hill, Oct 11, 2018, Melanie Zanona

Democrats have a major edge when it comes to support among female voters, but they have struggled to lock down another key voting bloc: Latinos.

While midterm voter turnout among Hispanics has historically been lower than other demographic groups, many on the left have been hoping that President Trump's hard-line immigration policies and heated rhetoric will lead to a surge of energized Latinos at the polls in favor of Democrats on Election Day.

But with less than four weeks before the Nov. 6 midterm elections, there are signs that Democrats have room for improvement with Hispanic voters.

[...]

Latinos are positioned to help decide key races in California, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and Florida, where Democrats need to notch victories in order to take back the House and Senate. And while female voters on the left are extremely fired up, it’s unclear whether women alone are enough to power a blue wave in November.

More:  https://thehill.com/latino/411032-dems-struggle-to-ensure-latino-support-in-midterms

Re: Dems struggle to mobilize Latino voters for midterms
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 02:25:52 am »
An interesting tidbit nestled in the article:

And while female voters on the left are extremely fired up, it’s unclear whether women alone are enough to power a blue wave in November.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:28:50 am »
FTA:

“I think there is a chance that Democrats are going to underperform with Hispanics” in November, he said. “The question for the Hispanic vote is: Do they vote on immigration or the economy?”

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 02:47:41 am »
Maybe they should speak some spanish and offer them some tacos for voting.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:54:37 am »
Scream "RAID!" and hustle them to voter registration booths.  Do I got to think of everything for them?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:18:14 am »

They're so incredibly stupid I'm surprised they're not rolling out a free Lutefisk feed to the Swedes and Finns up in dairy country.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
Hispanics are ready to come our way.  I'm voting for the real hispanic, Ted Cruz!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 06:41:48 pm »
Don't the Rats know where the Home Depot's are?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.