Author Topic: Real Clear Politics Is Predicting A Red Wave In The Senate  (Read 2163 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Real Clear Politics Is Predicting A Red Wave In The Senate
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 08:16:04 pm »
Hmmmm.  She's "ranking member," and only gets Chair if the Rats win the Majority.  I'm sure Chuckie Schumie will go down seniority lines when picking Chairs.

Sorry brain fart...   I meant ranking member.  Still think there will be some retribution for this mishap.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 08:30:23 pm »
Sorry brain fart...   I meant ranking member.  Still think there will be some retribution for this mishap.

Chuckie doesn't have the stones.  JMHO.

ETA:  He doesn't want to get pinned to a wall like Murky did.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:31:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:46 pm »
Chuckie doesn't have the stones.  JMHO.

His niece Amy is holding them for him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 08:38:10 pm »
His niece Amy is holding them for him.

Damn...your last post was about fat chicks... ..   You are on a roll dude. :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 08:39:19 pm »
Damn...your last post was about fat chicks... ..   You are on a roll dude. :cool:

Just happy to not be a floater.   :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:29 pm »
The Kav fiasco was a huge negative for democrats and people have not forgotten it.  I think we'll keep majorities in both houses.

As for Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I don't see her lasting another year.  She seems to be in the latter stages of dementia.

Hopefully she will step down before 2020 which is an election year as the DEMS can delay the next nomination just as the GOP did with Garland.

Provided that we maintain the majority in the Senate and Ruthie finally steps down in 2019, Trump nominating another conservative justice would be icing on the cake for the GOP.  We really couldn't ask for more (except perhaps the darn wall).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:43:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
Hopefully she will step down before 2020 which is an election year as the DEMS can delay the next nomination just as the GOP did with Garland.

Provided that we maintain the majority in the Senate and Ruthie finally steps down in 2019, Trump nominating another conservative justice would be icing on the cake for the GOP.  We really couldn't ask for more (except perhaps the darn wall).

Yes @libertybele   We've had a dramatic revelation as to how import the Supreme Court is to liberals. It would be a huge thing if we could get another Trump appointment in 2019.  I hate to hope for ill health for anyone, but Ruth obviously cannot do the job anymore and needs to retire.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 09:38:33 pm »
Yes @libertybele   We've had a dramatic revelation as to how import the Supreme Court is to liberals. It would be a huge thing if we could get another Trump appointment in 2019.  I hate to hope for ill health for anyone, but Ruth obviously cannot do the job anymore and needs to retire.

There is no way she stops clinging to power in the next year voluntarily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 09:56:06 pm »
There is no way she stops clinging to power in the next year voluntarily.

100% agreed
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 01:03:59 am »
jpsb wrote:
"We should pick up seats in the Senate it The House where we might be in trouble."

There must be sumthin' wrong with me, but I can't see how voters committed to electing a Republican senator aren't going to cast their votes for a Republican representative as well.

Of course, some elections have been "rigged" this time around -- the Pennsylvania redistricting court decision being an example.

But again, what kind of fool who would vote for a Pubbie senator because he/she is disgusted with what the democrat-communists have been doing, would turn around and then vote for a dem-com representative...?

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2018, 01:06:18 am »
jpsb wrote:
"Trump's agenda is finished if the rats take the House."

For two years, perhaps.

But then he can run against the democrat-communist House in 2020, just as Harry Truman campaigned against a "do-nothing Congress"...

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2018, 01:11:06 am »
Cato wrote:
"In a recent interview, Grassley said that were a Supreme Court vacancy to occur in 2020, he would follow the Biden rule.  He needs to be replaced after the midterms."

And once again, I'll say it:
If a vacancy opens, and this time the Republicans won't fill it, Mr. Trump should use the power of recess appointment to "trump 'em all"...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2018, 01:12:41 am »
I don't see how an election that is going to add seats in one chamber isn't going to have the same effect in the other. The only places I see issues in the House are because of the states that got jammed up with Gerrymandering issues.

Happened in 2010 I believe. At least, the GOP won the House but not the Senate.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2018, 01:33:14 am »
Speaking of RCP ...   Check out the favorability ratings of US leaders (based on composite polling)

Favorability Ratings: U.S. Political Leaders

Favorable   Unfavorable   Spread
Donald Trump   41.5              54.5         -13.0
Nancy Pelosi   27.8              52.5         -24.7
Paul Ryan           30.7              52.3         -21.6
Chuck Schumer   29.3              43.0         -13.7
Mitch McConnell   22.8               47.5         -24.7

Trump beats them all.

Amazing to see McConnell's numbers.  He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the GOP.