Author Topic: Cities Now Threatening Jail Time and Fines for Kids Over 12 Who Go Trick-Or-Treating  (Read 1186 times)

rangerrebew

Cities Now Threatening Jail Time and Fines for Kids Over 12 Who Go Trick-Or-Treating
Tyrannical local laws threaten fines and even jail time for kids going trick-or-treating past a certain time or older than a certain age.
Matt Agorist — October 10, 2018

In the land of the free, trick-or-treating outside of the guidelines for the proper city ordinance can and will get you charged with a crime, extorted, and even thrown in jail—including children. While towns across the United States have ordinances laid out to establish times for trick-or-treating, in Virginia, these laws go to the extreme.

As kids await one of the best days of the year for candy lovers, those in Virginia have to navigate an insanely strict set of rules or risk prison time—seriously. Several Virginia towns in the Hampton Roads area of the state have laid out guidelines for trick-or-treating that if violated can end in jail time for the offender.

https://freedomoutpost.com/cities-now-threatening-jail-time-and-fines-for-kids-over-12-who-go-trick-or-treating/

Offline Applewood

My parents figured out that the first hour of trick or treat was when the little kids came around. After that, the teens and even adults came looking for handouts.  In my neighborhood, these older kids and adults didn't ask; they demanded.   So my folks only gave out the candy the first hour. After that, it was lights out and the front door was closed and locked.  Not about to have some gangsta hood shoot or beat them up for candy and anything they could loot from their home.

As they grew older,  my parents stopped giving out candy altogether.  Dad would buy the candy., which Mom would use to make up decorated baskets for the neighbor kids we knew.  Halloween afternoon, Dad went around the neighborhood and distributed the baskets for the kids.  Halloween night, my folks went out.  No need to contend with the punks.

My point here is that we don't need government involvement. If you don't want to give out candy on Halloween, just don't.

Offline dfwgator

We've pretty much stopped handing out candy.

Halloween needs to die.   It used to be fun, but no more.

Offline Applewood

Exactly. 

A municipality not far from mine banned door-to-door Halloween altogether.  Instead, there is a party at the community center for the little kids.  That actually started when some nutcase was giving out tainted candy and apples with razor blades.  Between that, the punks and motorists who try to run over the little kids (yes, we've had a few of those too), Halloween isn't safe for anyone anymore.

Offline endicom

I stopped long ago. One woman told me her daughters called me Mr. Glowstick.

No one came to the door the last two years so I'm done with it.

Offline NavyCanDo

Homeowners who pass out NECCO Wafers, Raisens, Dum Dum Lolipops, or the hard candies grandma likes to suck on, and dentist handing out toothbrushes need to be thrown in jail.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:55:50 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

I stopped long ago. One woman told me her daughters called me Mr. Glowstick.

No one came to the door the last two years so I'm done with it.

We get between 60 and 90 kids depending on the weather.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
We keep two buckets of candy by the door.

One is filled with all the good stuff...nice and fresh for the kiddos.

The other is filled with all the old crap we find left lying around the house.  That's for the gibsmedats.

Like others, I'm fed up with it and don't participate, but the wife has yet to get tired or cynical, so we continue.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline NavyCanDo

Our neighborhood is flanked by 2 churches who both hold alternative Holloween events for the kids. But once they end at 8, guess where those kids go?   Yep. They sweep our neighborhood just when we thought it was over.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

I used to decorate up the house with blow ups and such and sit out in the yard with my big black dog, who spooked the kids because I kept the yard dark. But the last couple of years we had the house I turned into the Halloween Grinch, the neighborhood kids were far out numbered by the barrio kids that were van pooled in and when their big fat As* madres started coming up with their own bags telling me it was "for the baby at home" I slammed the door in face, turned out the lights and said adios to the holiday. I used to not even mind the junior high kids, because they used to come around late after the little kids for the left overs. But even that changed I was getting older kids, even high school with crappy attitudes.

So sadly I concur, the thing that Halloween has morphed into should die.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

I no longer pay any sort of homage to the high occult day of Halloween/Samhain.

But in my youth, even as bad as I was as a teen and early adult, I took my younger siblings (and usually my girlfriend's younger siblings) out and around trick-or-treating... Totally upright, no nonsense... And I doubt I am alone in that. Elder kids are going to be arrested for taking their younger brothers and sisters around?

Offline goatprairie

I remember the first time I went out I was a little shy of five years old and led by my older brother who was seven. No adults ever went out with us during my years. We went to a number of neighborhoods adjacent and not adjacent to ours. My brother was fearless in search of free candy.
I remember the only time we got shut out was  from some woman in a neighborhood adjacent to ours who said she didn't recognize any of us. I was probably seven or eight at the time.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
We gave up handing out Halloween candy in 2004.

Back in the 1990's, we would get 65-85 kids trick-or-treating.

But that was before the illegals began invading our town.
In my neighborhood, as the Anglos (and their kids) left, the illegals moved in.

By 2001, we were down to 18.

I'll guess that there's something in the Hispanic culture that doesn't favor traditional American Halloween customs.

So, after getting only 7 kids in 2004, it's "lights out" here on October 31st.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I used to decorate up the house with blow ups and such and sit out in the yard with my big black dog, who spooked the kids because I kept the yard dark. But the last couple of years we had the house I turned into the Halloween Grinch, the neighborhood kids were far out numbered by the barrio kids that were van pooled in and when their big fat As* madres started coming up with their own bags telling me it was "for the baby at home" I slammed the door in face, turned out the lights and said adios to the holiday. I used to not even mind the junior high kids, because they used to come around late after the little kids for the left overs. But even that changed I was getting older kids, even high school with crappy attitudes.

So sadly I concur, the thing that Halloween has morphed into should die.

The wife and I put a bowl of candy out and figure it should last and we should have some left over but every year we get cleaned out. This year I have a wifi camera to record the little bastards who take more than one piece, who will then have a loaded revolver shoved in their brat faces.

Offline RoosGirl

I remember the first time I went out I was a little shy of five years old and led by my older brother who was seven. No adults ever went out with us during my years. We went to a number of neighborhoods adjacent and not adjacent to ours. My brother was fearless in search of free candy.
I remember the only time we got shut out was  from some woman in a neighborhood adjacent to ours who said she didn't recognize any of us. I was probably seven or eight at the time.

Isn't not recognizing people at Halloween kinda the point?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The wife and I put a bowl of candy out and figure it should last and we should have some left over but every year we get cleaned out. This year I have a wifi camera to record the little bastards who take more than one piece, who will then have a loaded revolver shoved in their brat faces.

You are going to shoot a kid dressed as Batman in the face for stealing candy on Halloween? Yes. Halloween really has changed. Too dangerous these days. Friends, relatives, and neighbors yes. Strangers, no way. It is simply too dangerous now.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You are going to shoot a kid dressed as Batman in the face for stealing candy on Halloween? Yes. Halloween really has changed. Too dangerous these days. Friends, relatives, and neighbors yes. Strangers, no way. It is simply too dangerous now.

No I was kidding. I will be recording though.

Offline goatprairie

Isn't not recognizing people at Halloween kinda the point?
Some people refused to hand out candy to kids who didn't live in their neighborhood. Nothing we could do about it....or at least we never toilet papered anybody's trees because they didn't give us candy. 
 I have no idea if the kids who come to my door now are from our street or not. I don't care. We're sort of semi-rural. We don't get that many kids anyway. Anybody who comes gets candy.
But at the time, not getting candy from one house because we lived one neighborhood over didn't discourage us much. We knew some adults were crabs, and we still got candy from other houses not in our neighborhood. Usually had a pretty good sack full when I got home. Cavities just awaiting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:26:49 am by goatprairie »

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
When I was ten years old, I was taking my younger brother and sister around the neighborhood trick or treating.  In our family you didn’t buy costumes you made them out of what you could find around the house.  I put on my mother’s old bathrobe and put my hair up in rollers.  I already looked mature for my age so the costume did make me look older. I was in tears before the end of the night because so many witchy old ladies griped me out for trying to take candy that was meant for kids.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan