Author Topic: German ‘Die Welt’: “1.5°C Target Appears Utopian”, No Longer Attainable…”Clock Ran Out Already Weeks  (Read 459 times)

rangerrebew

German ‘Die Welt’: “1.5°C Target Appears Utopian”, No Longer Attainable…”Clock Ran Out Already Weeks Ago”

By P Gosselin on 13. October 2018

Daniel Wetzel at German national daily Die Welt here recently commented that limiting the warming to 1.5°C warming is utopian. That’s of course, assuming the man-made global warming theory is correct to begin with.

According Wetzel, time theoretically ran out long ago.

Wetzel wrote that despite all the controversy surrounding the IPCC report, one thing is clear: “It’s going to take trillions for the 1.5°C target . And without many veggie days, it’s not going to happen.”

http://notrickszone.com/2018/10/13/german-die-welt-1-5c-target-appears-utopian-no-longer-attainableclock-ran-out-already-weeks-ago/

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
All part of the game - if there's more than a year or 2 to remaining to act, that's not enough urgency to get them what they want. But of course allowing anyone to think it's already too late would be even worse. Hence the short and constantly moving window that saps more and more of their credibility. The next big "discovery" will be that 1.5 degrees was overly strict - we can reset the goalpost slightly higher and start the game all over again. At this point it's hard to see them ever getting much of what they want, but they'll use any means to get as much as they can.

By far the easiest and cheapest component of any "solution" is slowing down rain forest destruction. If they showed any interest in that I might start taking them seriously, but that doesn't seem to be on the agenda...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA