Author Topic: House Majority Leader Introducing Bill To Fully Fund Border Wall  (Read 390 times)

rangerrebew

House Majority Leader Introducing Bill To Fully Fund Border Wall
2 days ago
by Alicia F. Luke

Kevin McCarthy has signaled his intent to introduce legislation this week that would fully fund President Trump’s wall on along our southern border.

“Few things are more fundamental to a nation than a protected border,” McCarthy tweeted on Tuesday. “Proud to introduce the Build the Wall, Enforce the Law Act.”

Republicans are finally uniting behind President Trump so get ready for Red Tsunami in November!

https://eaglerising.com/62890/house-majority-leader-introducing-bill-to-fully-fund-border-wall/

rangerrebew

Re: House Majority Leader Introducing Bill To Fully Fund Border Wall
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 02:47:31 pm »
I fear this is just so much political posturing before the election.  Paul Ryan doesn't support a wall so it will go nowhere and die in the hollow halls of congress. :doa:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 03:01:52 pm »
Great news, it will die in the Senate but the GOP can make the rats own illegal immigration, gangs, drugs, human trafficking and the insanity of open borders.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 03:06:28 pm »
I fear this is just so much political posturing before the election.  Paul Ryan doesn't support a wall so it will go nowhere and die in the hollow halls of congress. :doa:

You're right, it is.  But that doesn't make it a bad idea.

Tougher immigration laws and better border security are actually popular issues -- the country as a whole is more conservative on that than is Congress as a whole.  This current Congress didn't have the votes for the funding, but bringing it up right before the election will make it an issue on which GOP candidates -- most of whom do support a wall - can capitalize.  They can force their Democratic opponents to say "I oppose it", which may help in some close races.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 03:31:29 pm »

If it's Kevin McCarthy and he's "signalling his intent", then yes it is political posturing.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 06:23:29 pm »
The House may well have the votes for this, but not the do nothing Senate.  I am not sure that if the Senate gains four more Republican votes that they would have the votes necessary with a  simple majority.  Unfortunately, too many Rhinos in the Senate.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 06:51:35 pm »
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/408971-house-cancels-october-votes-heads-home-to-campaign

The House recessed 2 weeks ago.  This boob-bait isn't even for general consumption.  McCarthy can introduce it to an empty chamber this week...Huzzah!!!

McCarthy is running for minority leader.  This can't be considered until after the election, and it won't be then as many congressmen will be busy moving, and the violence in the street will become a more pressing matter.

I'm just kidding.

I have no idea how the writers will end this season, but I do know the House and Senate have passed sweet f***all except obscene spending bills and one taxcut in the last 2 years so it seems out of continuity to pretend they could pass this.