Author Topic: Trump, no longer ratings gold, loses his prime-time spot on Fox News  (Read 14156 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Trump, no longer ratings gold, loses his prime-time spot on Fox News
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2018, 08:25:15 pm »
Sausage gravy is a fine line between dang good and greasy. I do not like greasy sausage gravy...
I use Jenny-O's hot turkey breakfast sausage here at home... As it is lean and has to be cooked in butter, there really ain't a way to mess it up...  :shrug:

Turkey gravy - Same thing. Has to be home made. Can't find it any good elsewhere...

The restaurant we go to for brunch makes excellent homemade sausage gravy, best I've ever had in a restaurant.  Not really into turkey sausage.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »
Not really into turkey sausage.

Yeah... I never was either. But it is not hard to find replacements for pork, and you get used to it...

Except pulled pork sammiches and baby-backs, everything else is accounted for (though I DO pine for pulled pork sammiches and baby-backs). And I have been off of pork long enough now that it actually turns my stomach if I get into any. Pork Loin roast too, though that is not the same sort of thing - I don't pine for that.

It's the sausages that are hard to be without.

Online libertybele

« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
Jesus. Everybody is on a Gravy Fetish tonight. I feel like I am trapped in a Cracker Barrel south of the Mason Dixon.

@RoosGirl

Nah, wouldn't want to trap you Frank, we'd let you out.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2018, 09:48:43 pm »
Nah, wouldn't want to trap you Frank, we'd let you out.
Poor long term thinking, we would need someone to clean the toilets.

Online libertybele

« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2018, 10:01:59 pm »
Poor long term thinking, we would need someone to clean the toilets.

:facepalm2:  You're right.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2018, 12:08:43 am »
If you’re feeling exotic, make your sausage gravy with chorizo and add cheddar cheese to your biscuit dough.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

« Reply #256 on: October 17, 2018, 12:14:57 am »
If you’re feeling exotic, make your sausage gravy with chorizo and add cheddar cheese to your biscuit dough.

I could handle the cheddar cheese added to the biscuit dough, but as for chorizo.  No way.  Sort of like eating blood sausage.  Disgusting. My father loved it and it was something that those in his family (Croatian) ate.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #257 on: October 17, 2018, 01:58:22 am »
I could handle the cheddar cheese added to the biscuit dough, but as for chorizo.  No way.  Sort of like eating blood sausage.  Disgusting. My father loved it and it was something that those in his family (Croatian) ate.

Chorizo isn’t blood sausage, it’s super spicy pork sausage. It’s also Spanish, not Balkan. Sometimes it’s cured, sometimes not. Obviously, the chorizo gravy would be made with uncured.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 01:59:24 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online libertybele

« Reply #258 on: October 17, 2018, 02:08:00 am »
Chorizo isn’t blood sausage, it’s super spicy pork sausage. It’s also Spanish, not Balkan. Sometimes it’s cured, sometimes not. Obviously, the chorizo gravy would be made with uncured.

I stand corrected and thought that chorizo was various meats eaten uncooked.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #259 on: October 17, 2018, 02:17:28 am »

If you like spicy, give it a go. If you don’t, still give it a go and have Rolaids on hand.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #260 on: October 17, 2018, 02:36:51 am »
Ceviche?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #261 on: October 17, 2018, 02:44:44 am »
Ceviche?

That I had never heard of and looked it up.  I thought chorizo was uncooked very spicy meat.