Author Topic: Heitkamp Opposed Kavanaugh Due to His ‘Body Language’ at Hearing  (Read 443 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
   Heitkamp Opposed Kavanaugh Due to His ‘Body Language’ at Hearing
By Jack Crowe

October 9, 2018 2:36 PM

Senator Heidi Heitkamp (D., N.D.) said on Monday that she had been prepared to support Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation until she viewed his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee with the sound turned off in order to focus on his “body language.”

Heitkamp, a red-state Democrat who was under significant pressure to back Kavanaugh as she faces a challenge from Republican congressman Kevin Cramer in the midterms, said she ordered her staff to draft a statement announcing her support for the nominee but reversed herself after detecting “rage” in his testimony.

“I was concerned about these allegations but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,” Heitkamp told CNN in an interview.

“It’s something I do,” she added, explaining why she watched the hearing without volume. “We communicate not only with words, but with our body language and demeanor. I saw somebody who was very angry, who was very nervous, and I saw rage that a lot of people said, ‘Well, of course you’re going to see rage; he’s being falsely accused.’ But it is at all times you’re to acquit yourself with a demeanor that’s becoming of the Court.”

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/heidi-heitkamp-opposed-brett-kavanaugh-due-to-his-body-language-at-hearing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Wonder what this body language tells us?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
! No longer available

Heitkamp karaoke night....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

rangerrebew

“I was concerned about these allegations but willing to give him the benefit of the doubt,” Heitkamp told CNN in an interview.

She's a democrat which means the powers that be had already made her decision for her and that was to vote no.  Does she really think after that un-American display by democrat senators someone will fall for this lie?  Anyway I think she should pass a law making it legal for anyone to judge someone by their "body language" in a court of law.  She should add that if a person accuses someone of something, they are automatically guilty no proof needed.  Those two actions will help assure freedom for a long time to come. :3:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The key part of that isn't that she observed his body language, but that she admitted watched his testimony with the sound off entirely. She literally did not listen to a word he said.

I wish someone would have asked her if she'd done the same for Ford -- did she actually do Ford the courtesy of listening to what she said, or did Keitkamp turn off the sound and only observe Ford's "body language".

But we all already know the answer to that....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 02:50:24 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The key part of that isn't that she observed his body language, but that she admitted watched his testimony with the sound off entirely. She literally did not listen to a word he said.

I wish someone would have asked her if she'd done the same for Ford -- did she actually do Ford the courtesy of listening to what she said, or did Keitkamp turn off the sound and only observe Ford's "body language".

Her whole Shtick on this is strange.  Why does she feel compelled to keep protesting that she would have voted for Kavanaugh if only ... blah, blah, blah.  Everybody knows it would be a chilly day in the hot place before she would have ever voted for him.  How did Shakespeare put it?  Methinks she doth protest too much.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

This is a very stupid woman. The Senate will be better off without her.
Principles matter. Words matter.