Author Topic: GOP pushes for ethics investigation into Kavanaugh 'antics' of Democrats  (Read 162 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP pushes for ethics investigation into Kavanaugh 'antics' of Democrats
by Susan Ferrechio
 | October 10, 2018 12:00 AM

Senate Republicans are pushing for the Ethics Committee to examine the tactics Democrats employed in their effort to keep Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh off the bench.

“I have a lot of questions and I certainly think we need to get to the bottom of some of the antics that were used,” Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas, said Monday. Cornyn said the six-member, bipartisan Senate Ethics Committee or the 21-member Judiciary Committee could be employed to conduct the probe.

Republicans believe Democrats broke the rules governing the nomination process in several ways and as a result provoked a divisive and contentious nomination battle.

“Obviously if that becomes the new norm, I think that doesn’t bode well for the Senate and for the nominations process,” Cornyn said. “So I’d support getting to the bottom of that.”

On Monday during a ceremonial swearing in ceremony, President Trump apologized to Kavanaugh for “a campaign of political and personal destruction based on lies and deception.”

Republicans believe Democrats were to blame. They want to know how Christine Blasey Ford’s letter to Senate Judiciary Committee ranking member Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., ended up in the hands of a reporter despite her request that her explosive sexual misconduct allegation against Kavanaugh be kept private.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/gop-pushes-for-ethics-investigation-into-kavanaugh-antics-of-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34