Author Topic: Grassley won't consider a Supreme Court nomination in 2020 election cycle  (Read 346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Grassley won't consider a Supreme Court nomination in 2020 election cycle
by Katelyn Caralle
 | October 09, 2018 08:13 PM

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said in an interview that aired Tuesday night that he would not take up another Supreme Court nomination should it come up in the 2020 election cycle.

“If I'm chairman, they won't take it up, no,” Grassley said when asked if the Senate Judiciary Committee would consider another Trump Supreme Court nomination in 2020. “Now if someone else is chairman of the [Judiciary] Committee, they’ll have to decide for themselves. But that's a decision I made a long time ago.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/grassley-wont-consider-a-supreme-court-nomination-in-2020-election-cycle
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Maybe he's afraid that Scalia was bumped off.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Grassley won't consider a Supreme Court nomination in 2020 election cycle
by Katelyn Caralle
 | October 09, 2018 08:13 PM

Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said in an interview that aired Tuesday night that he would not take up another Supreme Court nomination should it come up in the 2020 election cycle.

“If I'm chairman, they won't take it up, no,” Grassley said when asked if the Senate Judiciary Committee would consider another Trump Supreme Court nomination in 2020. “Now if someone else is chairman of the [Judiciary] Committee, they’ll have to decide for themselves. But that's a decision I made a long time ago.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/grassley-wont-consider-a-supreme-court-nomination-in-2020-election-cycle

It would be controversial but McConnell is in favor.  Maybe Ruth will be forced to resign in 2019 because of her obviously failing health.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.