Author Topic: Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest – Violent Protesters Co  (Read 656 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

As the videos from last weekend’s protest in Portland have gone viral, namely due to the dereliction of duty on the part of the Portland police allowing the violent leftist mob to take over the city, one particular video has caught the attention of police and Multnomah County district attorney Rod Underhill.

The video in question shows a man in a silver car getting caught up in the protest. Apparently fearing for his safety, the man starts to drive through the protest. One genius decides he’s going to jump in front of the car and try to stop it, as other members of the mob converge on the car, shouting obscenities at the driver and beating on his car. The driver eventually made it through, but stopped at the red light up the block. There, the protesters chased him down, smashed a window out in his car, and started threatening him.

Now police are encouraging the protesters to come forward as “victims” so they can charge the driver of the car with crimes. The police refer to the violent thugs as “pedestrians.”

Far left Willamette Week hack reporter Katie Sheppard writes:

Police Ask Pedestrians To Come Forward After Driver Slowly Pushes Through a Small Crowd of Protesters

Without statements from the people in the path of the silver Lexus, police say they may not have a case.

Portland police are seeking witnesses to a collision at Southwest 4th Avenue and  Madison Street on Saturday, in which the driver of a silver Lexus slowly pushed through a crowd of protesters crossing the street.

Video of the incident obtained by WW‘s news partner KATU-TV shows the car turning right into a crosswalk while the “walk” sign signaled that pedestrians could legally be in the crosswalk. A man dressed in black stops, plants his feet and places his hands on the hood of the Lexus. The driver continues to gently press the gas, slowly moving the man down the street several feet as other people bang on the car’s windows.

Portland police say the driver of the Lexus contacted the bureau and reported his vehicle suffered $3,000 in damage. The video shows protesters hit the exterior and photos show a cracked driver’s side window.

Police say they are seeking witness statements from the pedestrians to “learn what occurred from their perspective.”

A spokesman for the bureau says officers may forward evidence to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office without additional witnesses, but having the pedestrians’ statements might strengthen a case against the driver prosecutors decide to bring one.

“The information provided by those individuals is important and it would be optimal to provide the information to the MCDA for their review,” says spokesman Sgt. Christopher Burley. “It is important to note that the video may leave questions that cannot be answered without a person being present to answer the questions.”

This entire incident took place literally one block away from police central precinct headquarters, and not a single uniformed officer was dispatched to quell the unruly mob. One person managed to get a screen grab from one of the videos showing this brave “police officer” standing far away from the mayhem, refusing protect and serve.

So, according to this new legal standard, a mob of thugs apparently have the right to surround a police car of an “officer” on duty, threaten the officer, hit the car with fists and sticks, smash out the windows, and if the “officer” tries to escape the situation, then he is the one committing crimes while the innocent pedestrians then become the “victims”.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/10/portland-police-want-to-charge-driver-with-crimes-after-escaping-mob-protest-violent-protesters-considered-victims/

------

I can't come up with words to adequately comment on this. It's just madness.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 04:36:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

Unrestrained  liberalism inevitably descends into leftist violence unless it is checked early.
That liberals try to justify or rationalize this outright thuggery  is disgusting.
The mayor of Portland should be arrested for violating the civil rights of citizens.  Portland city authorities should be ashamed of themselves including the chief of police who should resign in protest. That's if he or she had an ounce of integrity.

Online mountaineer

I read elsewhere that the police stood, watched and did absolutely nothing as the "protesters" screamed at a motorist, ordered him to stop "because I told you to!!," called him a f*****g whitey (that last epithet came from a fat white guy who was busy eating something at the time) and, when the saw the NC plates on the car, called him KKK.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Went over to DummyUnderground to see if any of the Dummies had posted this story.  I read through three pages of postings without seeing one mention. Unfortunately, my IQ has been lowered from reading other postings on their dump site and it will take a little time to boost it again.

Offline verga

What the heck is wrong with these people. I said ti before, sooner of later someone is going to get seriously injured or killed during one of these confrontations.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Portland the city that out San Francisco's, San Francisco!

Online mountaineer

Portland the city that out San Francisco's, San Francisco!
It really does. We visited in 2015 and may go back next year to see a friend of Mr. M's, but I wouldn't mind skipping the trip altogether. We saw some really vapid numbskull youth there - the same sort that this year probably are participating in the Antifa nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

It really does. We visited in 2015 and may go back next year to see a friend of Mr. M's, but I wouldn't mind skipping the trip altogether. We saw some really vapid numbskull youth there - the same sort that this year probably are participating in the Antifa nonsense.
It doesn't help when the authorities stand by and give tacit approval to this violence.
It reminds of the Cultural Revolution when mobs of youths ran rampant around China assaulting and at times murdering people Mao disapproved of.
I'll bet Mayor Wheeler has a well thumbed copy of Mao's Little Red Book somewhere in his dungeon.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
da goat wrote:
"It doesn't help when the authorities stand by and give tacit approval to this violence."

If the Portland city police won't defend citizens from the mob any more, send in the state troopers.

If the leftist governor of Oregon won't send in the state troopers, send in federal marshals, and mobilize the National Guard if necessary.

If the city and state won't preserve and protect order, force them out of the way and take it to the federal level.

Use Portlandia to "set an example" for leftist-democrat-communists everywhere in land to see.

(yes, I really mean that)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Went there about ten years ago with the wife, she was setting up billing for a client. I had five days of walking around the city, even then it was full of filthy drug users, aggressive vagrants and regular citizens. If you drove you received abuse, not to mention it was very expensive to park your car. I, without realizing it crossed into the queer section and they did their best to make me uncomfortable, another time I watched three bums duking it out for what each claimed was their corner to panhandle on, the police arrived just in time for the knifing.

So no thanks, there may be an awful lot of beautiful country around there, but I will pass on Portland and Oregon unless for some reason I am passing through, but then Washington's Seattle is just about as jacked up and I really don't want to visit my SIL and her husband Euell Gibbons II.