Author Topic: There’s nowhere for Justice Kavanaugh to go but right  (Read 896 times)

Offline bilo

There’s nowhere for Justice Kavanaugh to go but right
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:34:10 pm »
Like Thomas before him, Kavanaugh will now have no choice but to seek the embrace of the far right, which stood by him in his hour of need. Liberals won’t forget the sexual misconduct allegations against him – probably not ever.

Part of the appeal of being a Supreme Court moderate is that while one side may be frustrated with you after any given decision, you receive positive feedback from the other. But, in the short term at least, there can no prospect of positive feedback from liberals, no matter how Kavanaugh votes. He could start voting like Justice Sonia Sotomayor, and liberals would still see him as a sex offender who got onto the court by deceit. He thus will have no psychological incentive to do anything other than vote with the conservatives.

Nor will liberals be able to court him, as they did Kennedy.

https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2018/10/theres-nowhere-justice-kavanaugh-go-right/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: There’s nowhere for Justice Kavanaugh to go but right
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 08:39:17 pm »
He could start voting like Justice Sonia Sotomayor, and liberals would still see him as a sex offender who got onto the court by deceit.

I've been wondering the same thing. Justice Thomas had terrible lies told about him by anita hill and he has never wavered as a conservative. I hope and pray the same will be true of Kavanaugh. The more the leftists demonize this man the more he will be welcome in our conservative embrace!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 09:06:26 am »
And every time the Court decides against the Libs and their agenda, the media will have to remind everyone that 'Justice Kavanaugh was accused on the Senate floor of being a rapist.'
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 03:50:10 pm »
And every time the Court decides against the Libs and their agenda, the media will have to remind everyone that 'Justice Kavanaugh was accused on the Senate floor of being a rapist.'

Just like Justice Thomas continues to be demonized.

I think this can be stopped dead in it's tracks if Kavanaugh brings a civil suit against ford and her cohorts. I hope he does this after the mid-term elections. It's probably wishful thinking, but if there consequences for bringing false accusations maybe it will stop.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 01:39:58 am »
I hope the democrat-communists' failed attempt to destroy Justice Kavanaugh sticks in his craw.

Like a fragment of a bullet imbedded in one's body, I hope it gives him "just enough pain" each and every day he sits at the Court to remember who tried to keep him from that seat and the means they employed for their attack...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 02:09:08 am »
I disagree with the premise of the article -  he doesn't have to "go" anywhere.  He's a Supreme Court Justice -- he's reached the absolute pinnacle of his career, and at least to some extent, those guys live in their own bubble of legal esoterica.  I can't see him changing the way he's viewed the law and statutory/constitutional interpretation simply because of this experience.  He is who he is in terms of legal reasoning.

The most it may mean is that he is less likely to respond to any leftist pressure to change the way he sees the law.  But he really doesn't have to worry about being popular with either conservatives or progressives.  He's made it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 04:34:43 am »
I disagree with the premise of the article -  he doesn't have to "go" anywhere.  He's a Supreme Court Justice -- he's reached the absolute pinnacle of his career, and at least to some extent, those guys live in their own bubble of legal esoterica.  I can't see him changing the way he's viewed the law and statutory/constitutional interpretation simply because of this experience.  He is who he is in terms of legal reasoning.

The most it may mean is that he is less likely to respond to any leftist pressure to change the way he sees the law.  But he really doesn't have to worry about being popular with either conservatives or progressives.  He's made it.

Really, although I might kinda like for a majority of the Justices to be conservative, it is not in their job description to be political.  The democrats have used them that way for too long, but it's not right.  That's why they were so hysterical to lose their liberal majority.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 04:45:46 am »
:headbang: :salute: :0012: :dancer:  :cheerlead: :elephant: :woohoo: :elephant: :cheerlead: :dancer: :0012: :salute: :headbang:

Kavanaugh won the jackpot.  He can do what he wants to do, and it looks like he doesn't like the Clintons.