Author Topic: In His First Day On The Job, Kavanaugh Hired As Many Black Law Clerks As RBG Has In Her Entire Tenur  (Read 785 times)

rangerrebew

In His First Day On The Job, Kavanaugh Hired As Many Black Law Clerks As RBG Has In Her Entire Tenure
11:18 AM 10/08/2018
Kevin Daley | Supreme Court Reporter

Justice Brett Kavanaugh has hired a black law clerk for his new chambers at the U.S. Supreme Court, matching Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s record of African-American clerkship hiring during her tenure on the nation’s highest judicial tribunal.

With his first clerkship hires, Kavanaugh also set a gender composition record, an apparent attempt to buck the high court’s hiring patterns, which tend to favor white, male graduates of elite law schools.

Since joining the high court in 1993, Ginsburg has hired over 100 law clerks, just one of whom is black.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/08/brett-kavanaugh-black-women-law-clerks-ginsburg/

Offline dfwgator

MSM spin: "Kavanaugh Has Slaves!"

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

rangerrebew

Brett Kavanaugh just hired the Supreme Court's first all-women law clerk team
10:58 a.m. ET
Zach Gibson/Getty Images

The newly confirmed Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has already fulfilled one of his promises.

After weeks of contentious hearings, the Senate voted to confirm the polarizing nominee Saturday evening. And Kavanaugh was already on the job Sunday morning with the court's first-ever all-women team of law clerks by his side, The New York Times reports.

Even before sexual assault allegations rocked his confirmation process, concerns swirled around Kavanaugh's stance on women's right. Specifically, Democratic senators feared he would provide the court with a conservative majority that could facilitate the rolling back of Roe v. Wade. Kavanaugh tried to counter those concerns at his first round of confirmation hearings, touting how "no federal judge ... has sent more women law clerks to clerk on the Supreme Court than I have." He also said he had four female law clerks ready to work for him "on a moment's notice," which would make him "the first justice in the history of the Supreme Court to have a group of all-women law clerks."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/800702/brett-kavanaugh-just-hired-supreme-courts-first-allwomen-law-clerk-team

Offline bilo

"the first justice in the history of the Supreme Court to have a group of all-women law clerks."

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that his first big thing is so PC. Hopefully, he won't be too much like Kennedy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
DUmmies and people at Huufpo say  it is a grooming stable to sexually assult young girls.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
"the first justice in the history of the Supreme Court to have a group of all-women law clerks."

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that his first big thing is so PC. Hopefully, he won't be too much like Kennedy.

I don't like women but Brett does.  He has a history of having a lot of female law clerks.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline verga

DUmmies and people at Huufpo say  it is a grooming stable to sexually assult young girls.
I knew they were going to go there.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline bilo

I don't like women but Brett does.  He has a history of having a lot of female law clerks.

I'm not opposed to hiring qualified individuals, but if he's surrounded by only female clerks he may only hear their perspective.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm not opposed to hiring qualified individuals, but if he's surrounded by only female clerks he may only hear their perspective.
I tend to agree.  I'm not wild about out-pc'ing the left.