Author Topic: HAPPENING NOW: McConnell Just Dropped the HAMMER on Feinstein  (Read 5881 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: HAPPENING NOW: McConnell Just Dropped the HAMMER on Feinstein
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 05:18:00 pm »
333cleo
It’s called the reality of politics in DC in theb21st Century.   Any optimism I had about McConnell died right along with his “foot and branch” promise.

And you are wise to keep that jaundiced eye.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 07:25:29 pm »

That's correct.  There is no provision to Impeach a Senator (that I know of.  I'd love to be proven wrong on this).  The other Senators may be able to remove one, but I think that's only "refuse to seat" them, as was threatened when Roy Moore was running for a seat.

Article 1, Sect 5, P2:

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 07:28:20 pm »
Article 1, Sect 5, P2:

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.

TY!  I was too lazy to sift my copy of the Constitution.  2/3 is a pretty high bar, considering the Rats already proved they would not even look at evidence presented to support an expulsion.  She knows this, having been a Senator who did that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline the_doc

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2018, 07:33:09 pm »
TY!  I was too lazy to sift my copy of the Constitution.  2/3 is a pretty high bar, considering the Rats already proved they would not even look at evidence presented to support an expulsion.  She knows this, having been a Senator who did that.

Yep.  The only option is a grand jury.  (I doubt that expulsion from the Senate would be the right punishment anyway.  The allegations against Kavanaugh were thoroughly sinister.)

Online corbe

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2018, 07:40:43 pm »
It's just more rhetoric from these nutless wonders.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2018, 07:57:03 pm »
Yep.  The only option is a grand jury.  (I doubt that expulsion from the Senate would be the right punishment anyway.  The allegations against Kavanaugh were thoroughly sinister.)

Do Senators have immunity for actions taken as a Senator?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2018, 08:01:02 pm »
Do Senators have immunity for actions taken as a Senator?

I assume that they have no immunity whatsoever for crimes--including crimes committed in their execution of Senatorial duties.

Offline Frank Cannon

This thread is still going? Geez.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2018, 09:15:55 pm »

I usually have this open in a tab:

http://constitutionus.com/

Being able to search is nice, as are the index and vocabulary sections.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2018, 09:42:13 pm »
I assume that they have no immunity whatsoever for crimes--including crimes committed in their execution of Senatorial duties.

No, Senators have gone to jail for crimes committed while in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes#Texas

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 09:50:20 pm »
The new tabloid journalism is so tiring.  When I see "DROPPED THE HAMMER!" I expect an account of rolling on the floor and throwing punches.

"It was despicable."  Yawn

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 10:25:30 pm »
The new tabloid journalism is so tiring.  When I see "DROPPED THE HAMMER!" I expect an account of rolling on the floor and throwing punches.

"It was despicable."  Yawn

Dittos to what you said there. *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 10:54:18 pm »
@Sanguine

No, Senators have gone to jail for crimes committed while in office.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes#Texas

Thanks, I was sure that there have been criminal convictions of sitting Senators, but I couldn't think of any of their names.  (Aside to @Cyber Liberty:  There might be immunities from lawsuits of certain types, i.e., in cases potentially stemming from their lawful actions as Senators--just not any immunity for a bona fide crime.)

BTW, what did you type into the search engine to find that list that you linked?  Wikipedia is impressive but I can't always get right to the topic of interest to me! 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2018, 12:32:40 am »
@Sanguine

Thanks, I was sure that there have been criminal convictions of sitting Senators, but I couldn't think of any of their names.  (Aside to @Cyber Liberty:  There might be immunities from lawsuits of certain types, i.e., in cases potentially stemming from their lawful actions as Senators--just not any immunity for a bona fide crime.)

BTW, what did you type into the search engine to find that list that you linked?  Wikipedia is impressive but I can't always get right to the topic of interest to me!

@the_doc , I think I just typed in "congress "united states" criminal convictions".  It's been a while.

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2018, 01:02:33 am »
Dittos to what you said there. *****rollingeyes*****

@Cyber Liberty

If that's all it takes, we're dropping hammers and more all over this place every day.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2018, 01:28:20 am »
@Cyber Liberty

If that's all it takes, we're dropping hammers and more all over this place every day.

Thiese hammer-dropping bullshit clickbait headlines are the bane of my existence.  Just sayin.

Ain't no dropping hammers in the bullshit story.  I'm blue in the face from pointing this out.  The original story is just McChinless running off at the mouth to a stupid reporter about how he thinks there should be "an investigation."  Nothing more.  That a-hole could be ordering one up like pizza, but no!  He's saying somebody (not him) should be dialing the phone.

9999hair out0000
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2018, 01:30:57 am »
Next he'll be promising to rip it all out, Root and Branch. :banghead:
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2018, 02:05:12 am »
Next he'll be promising to rip it all out, Root and Branch. :banghead:

Queue up @RoosGirl. Or Elton John.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2018, 02:06:55 am »
Queue up @RoosGirl. Or Elton John.

The bitch is back and she has no problem ripping it out root and branch.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2018, 03:24:20 am »
The bitch is back and she has no problem ripping it out root and branch.

I wish some Mod could come and rip this whole BS thread out root and branch.
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2018, 03:27:07 am »

So are you saying there isn't going to be an investigation?  Not even a Trey Gowdy-ish one?

Offline Frank Cannon

Isn't that always the case? Never a cop around when you need one.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2018, 03:32:04 am »
Nope Conservatives have learned rather quickly what happened to Graham and McConnell when they grow some balls-public opinion of them skyrockets.

:3:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2018, 03:35:58 am »
Thiese hammer-dropping bullshit clickbait headlines are the bane of my existence.  Just sayin.

Ain't no dropping hammers in the bullshit story.  I'm blue in the face from pointing this out.  The original story is just McChinless running off at the mouth to a stupid reporter about how he thinks there should be "an investigation."  Nothing more.  That a-hole could be ordering one up like pizza, but no!  He's saying somebody (not him) should be dialing the phone.

9999hair out0000

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2018, 03:39:03 am »
So are you saying there isn't going to be an investigation?  Not even a Trey Gowdy-ish one?

That's right.  Not a snowball's chance in Hell.  I've been watching Chinless for too long to be suckered into the BS.  This entire story is based on an interview with a reporter where McConnell said there OUGHT TO BE an investigation.  That's politician speak for "I'm sure as HELL not going to order one!"

This clickbait article infers the hammer is already falling.  Like Hell....
I will NOT comply.