Author Topic: George W. Bush's Daughter Barbara Ties the Knot in Secret, Sentimental Wedding Ceremony  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

George W. Bush's Daughter Barbara Ties the Knot in Secret, Sentimental Wedding Ceremony
People Magazine, Oct 8, 2018

Barbara Bush, daughter of former President George W. Bush and former First Lady Laura Bush, tied the knot with her fiancé, screenwriter Craig Coyne, on Sunday in an intimate secret wedding.

Only 20 family members witnessed the simple yet romantic ceremony, which was held at the Bush family compound in Kennebunkport, Maine, in the backyard overlooking the ocean.

“A very short, sweet ceremony” is how Barbara, 36, described it to PEOPLE.

After Barbara’s father walked her down the aisle, the bride and groom exchanged vows in front of their immediate family, including former President Bush, 72, Mrs. Bush, 71, and Barbara’s grandfather, former President George H.W. Bush, 94. Barbara’s twin sister, Jenna Bush Hager, served as matron of honor, and her daughters, Margaret, 5, and Poppy, 3, were flower girls along with Coyne’s niece, Emma, 5. Poppy did double duty at the ceremony, also serving as the ring bearer.

More:  https://people.com/politics/barbara-bush-married-first-daughter-wedding/

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:22:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online rustynail

Offline musiclady

Go Away.

Isn't a secret wedding the very essence of "going away?"  :shrug:

Good for Barbara.  She and Jenna are fine young women.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline endicom

Isn't a secret wedding the very essence of "going away?"  :shrug:

Good for Barbara.  She and Jenna are fine young women.

That tart is nearly topless.

Offline musiclady

That tart is nearly topless.

Yeah......... I noticed that.......  **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Ping
@CatherineofAragon
@Victoria33
@mystery-ak

Wedding!!!

Mazel tov to the couple! Live long and prosper.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Still, I wish I was that tall and thin. And could wear that. Though I hope she was wearing a cape or something during the church part. Nice to see an attractive young lady not full of tattoos. (Not a fan of those, but that’s my own opinion)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:39:49 pm by Freya »

Still, I wish I was that tall and thin. And could wear that. Though I hope she was wearing a cape or something during the church part.

They were married outside at the Kennebunkport estate  @Freya 

Here's W walking Barbara down the aisle.   

But big doings on Friday  happy77 

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:55:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Right_in_Virginia

She had a beautiful day to get married! I’m glad she had her dad and her grsndddad there, I’m sorry her grandmother wasn’t there.  8888crybaby

Can’t wait for the royal wedding. I do like weddings. Weddings and christenings. Lately it’s too many funerals. You know? I guess the older you get, the more funerals you go to.

Thanks for all the photos on these threads and the Flotus thread.

@Right_in_Virginia

She had a beautiful day to get married! I’m glad she had her dad and her grsndddad there, I’m sorry her grandmother wasn’t there.  8888crybaby

Can’t wait for the royal wedding. I do like weddings. Weddings and christenings. Lately it’s too many funerals. You know? I guess the older you get, the more funerals you go to.

Welcome @Freya   Here's one more:

Silver Pines

@musiclady

The wedding ceremony isn’t the place to be sexy.

Silver Pines

Ping
@CatherineofAragon
@Victoria33
@mystery-ak

Wedding!!!

Mazel tov to the couple! Live long and prosper.

@Freya

Love weddings!

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

The wedding ceremony isn’t the place to be sexy.

Nope.

Besides which, she's way too skinny.

But I'm glad she kept her wedding out of the public eye.  And I'm glad she found happiness.

Young Barbara has kept completely out of the public eye, and I admire that.   SO much classier than that Clinton daughter who can't keep out of anything.   *****rollingeyes*****

@CatherineofAragon

Offline musiclady

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure the family felt the loss of  Barbara even more keenly on the day of her namesake's wedding.

@Freya

Silver Pines

Nope.

Besides which, she's way too skinny.

But I'm glad she kept her wedding out of the public eye.  And I'm glad she found happiness.

Young Barbara has kept completely out of the public eye, and I admire that.   SO much classier than that Clinton daughter who can't keep out of anything.   *****rollingeyes*****

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

I agree with everything you said..  Everything.   :laugh:

Offline dfwgator

Not very "secret", was it?

Offline mountaineer

It was secret enough, considering there was no announcement of it until after the fact.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mirraflake

Unemployed handsome actor with no money marrying into a billionaire family, very short engagement/dating period...and he  is way more attractive than her.....not a good combination.

Offline mirraflake

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 11:48:09 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Absalom

Er............the point here, is precisely what???????????????

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Someone married the ugly Bush sister. Guess it's because her parents are loaded.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wow. Someone married the ugly Bush sister. Guess it's because her parents are loaded.

I don't think she is ugly..just so damn skinny..she needs a couple of cheeseburgers

...and that dress, what was she thinking!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

I don't think she is ugly..just so damn skinny..she needs a couple of cheeseburgers

...and that dress, what was she thinking!

She's not even remotely ugly.  Not beautiful, for sure, and she'd look a lot better with some cheeseburgers and an ice cream sundae or two, but not even close to ugly.

But that is seriously the most inappropriate, unattractive wedding dress I have EVER seen.

Offline Frank Cannon

She's not even remotely ugly.  Not beautiful, for sure, and she'd look a lot better with some cheeseburgers and an ice cream sundae or two, but not even close to ugly.

But that is seriously the most inappropriate, unattractive wedding dress I have EVER seen.

LOL. You say she isn't ugly and then go on to describe the many ways she is ugly in both appearance and dress.