Author Topic: Coons: 'Premature' for House Dems to talk about impeaching Kavanaugh  (Read 674 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coons: 'Premature' for House Dems to talk about impeaching Kavanaugh
By Michael Burke - 10/07/18 11:28 AM EDT

Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) on Sunday said it's "premature" for House Democrats to be talking about re-investigating or impeaching Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh if they win back control of the chamber.

"Frankly, we are just less than a month away from an election. Folks who feel very strongly one way or the other about the issues in front of us should get out and vote and participate," he said during an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press."

"There's only ever been one justice that's been impeached and I think talking about it at this point isn't necessarily healing us and moving us forward. ... The Senate's role in our politics is not to just reflect the country, but to help heal and lead the country. And that's the course we should be on," he added.

Kavanaugh was sworn in as a Supreme Court justice late Saturday following a 50-48 vote in the Senate in favor of his confirmation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/410290-coons-premature-for-house-dems-to-talk-about-impeaching-kavanaugh
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Coons: 'Premature' for House Dems to talk about impeaching Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 04:48:28 pm »
They said all of those things after Thomas was confirmed.

They'll just move onto the next shiny object.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 04:53:07 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:08:54 pm »
"Hirono advises Dems to focus on midterms instead of impeaching Kavanaugh"

It is likely she got warned off, by one of the few remaining sane "cnsultants/advisore" on the dem side--that she provided a tasty video making it obviousl the dem party was not for men.

Wheels are turning in Republican advert makers shops for how to use the countles bits of video and sound, that came out of this fiasco.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 05:09:53 pm »
Hirono advises Dems to focus on midterms instead of impeaching Kavanaugh
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410298-hirono-counsels-dems-to-focus-on-midterms-not-impeaching-kavanaugh

She needs to be asked what she thought of the accusations against her mentor, Daniel Inouye?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:02:27 pm »
"Premature?" 

Naw, keep 'em coming Chris.  Don't forget the Trump Impeachment you all are promising.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 07:08:48 pm »
Weezy Hirono is the Shirley lee Jackson of HI.  Batcrap crazy, brain dead and a rat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 07:21:14 pm »
She needs to be asked what she thought of the accusations against her mentor, Daniel Inouye?

I'll bet Danny boy pinched that rump along the way.  I'm reminded of a quote (paraphrased) from Gallagher, the comedian:  I love seeing two ugly people together, because we have less exposure to them.  It takes two ugly people out of circulation.  The problem is, we end up with a bunch of little bitty ugly people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: