Author Topic: Portrait of a female GOP voter who could hand the House majority to the Democrats  (Read 1608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Portrait of a female GOP voter who could hand the House majority to the Democrats
by David M. Drucker
 | October 07, 2018 12:00 AM

LAKELAND, Tenn. — If Democrats capture at least the House, they’ll owe the good fortune to Republican voters like Anna Smith.

The 40-year-old, college-educated mother of two young children is married to a Navy submariner and describes her politics as fiscally conservative, socially libertarian, and predisposed toward the Second Amendment. She’s a registered Republican who always voted Republican. But Smith couldn’t stomach President Trump, and his provocative conduct in office since the tumultuous 2016 election has compounded her disgust and hardened her opposition.

So, Smith is doing something unprecedented for her: volunteering on a major political campaign. With critical midterm elections four weeks out, she’s knocking on doors for Democrat Phil Bredesen, the former governor who is running for an open Senate seat in Tennessee against Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn.

Smith isn’t complaining about Blackburn’s support for the $1.3 trillion tax overhaul, or GOP plans to dismantle what’s left of Obamacare. She didn’t seem all that concerned about the conservative makeover of the federal judiciary, or all that motivated by the row over Brett Kavanaugh, whose Supreme Court nomination was roiled by sexual misconduct allegations. For Smith, voting Democrat is about stopping Trump.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/portrait-of-a-female-gop-voter-who-could-hand-the-house-majority-to-the-democrats
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Silly article.

Offline endicom

Her 'sense of decency' must have been on hiatus during the recent Democratic behaviors.

And how many military families live in upscale neighborhoods?

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:27:39 pm by endicom »

Offline Victoria33

She said: “I am a Christian and I teach Sunday school. I’m active in my church, and the things that we talk about and hear about in church — the things that are in our sermon, the ministries that we do to help people — are the exact opposite of what I see our current president doing,” Smith said."

I also teach a Bible class; some women, some men.  If Trump's name is brought up, everyone laughs.  I don't let it go further than that, as our Bible study is not about Trump.

I do think some Republican women who voted for him will not vote for him now and for sure more Democrats will vote in this non-presidential year than ever before as that happened in the primaries.  Whether it is enough to remove a number of Republican house members to have the majority, I don't know.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:36:55 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline goodwithagun

Her 'sense of decency' must have been on hiatus during the recent Democratic behaviors.

Yeah, this doesn’t pass the smell test for me.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Nope.  I think I just heard her interviewed on NPR Hawaii. <Comment on the story; not TBR members>  It's not a matter of principle, she just doesn't like Trump and is too stupid to realize that democrats are worse than he could ever be.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:37:41 pm by Mod2 »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Tennessee will come home to the GOP, and it will be led by Republican women who by and large have husbands who are as devoted to them as they are to their husbands.   They do not see men as "the enemy," as the women on the left so often do. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Tennessee will come home to the GOP, and it will be led by Republican women who by and large have husbands who are as devoted to them as they are to their husbands.   They do not see men as "the enemy," as the women on the left so often do.

Yes!!  I think this woman thing has peaked and I hope it has.  It's really not a sin to be a 'white man.'  Obviously men, and mostly white ones, are responsible for most of mankind's accomplishments.  Women have contributed, of course, but women do have equal rights now and should stop fighting a non-existent battle but start accomplishing things themselves.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I call BS. I don't care how mad the GOP would ever make me, I'd never vote Dem.

And it's because Trump mocks people? Have you ever seen the Democrats?

Give me a break.
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes!!  I think this woman thing has peaked and I hope it has.  It's really not a sin to be a 'white man.'  Obviously men, and mostly white ones, are responsible for most of mankind's accomplishments.  Women have contributed, of course, but women do have equal rights now and should stop fighting a non-existent battle but start accomplishing things themselves.

@Emjay

If it hasn't peaked, our society is at enormous risk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I say horseshit.  No 'fiscally conservative', 'socially libertarian', and 'predisposed toward the Second Amendment' person is going to go knocking on doors to push for a liberal Democrat, no matter how much she hates Trump.

Now if she was doing it for a third party, I might believe it.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline dfwgator

I say horseshit.  No 'fiscally conservative', 'socially libertarian', and 'predisposed toward the Second Amendment' person is going to go knocking on doors to push for a liberal Democrat, no matter how much she hates Trump.

They were never conservative in the first place.

Offline skeeter

Trump before being elected was a known celebrity, warts and all, but unknown politically.

Trump two years after being elected is still a known celebrity, and pretty well known politically.

From a conservative perspective he has been pretty damn good. WHY would anyone calling themselves a republican decide now they cannot support him?

Offline dfwgator

Trump before being elected was a known celebrity, warts and all, but unknown politically.

Trump two years after being elected is still a known celebrity, and pretty well known politically.

From a conservative perspective he has been pretty damn good. WHY would anyone calling themselves a republican decide now they cannot support him?

"Because he's a meanie!"

Because he tweets.

Tennessee will come home to the GOP,

When did Tennessee leave the GOP @massadvj   It's voted Republican since 1996.   Donald Trump carried the state with 60+ percent of the vote.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:31:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

I don't either.  Trump disgusts me but I would never vote for a Democrat.  She would be an idiot to vote for Democrats just for her dislike of Trump.  I spend a huge amount of time reading about all the candidates that I will be voting for.  She is saying if they are a perfect candidate campaigning for the things that matter to her she wouldn't vote for them?

That would be unbelievable.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, this doesn’t pass the smell test for me.

Same here.

Offline bilo

Great point! He's proven what he will do. His style may be confrontational, but why shouldn't it be? Look at the Rats and what they want to do.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
When did Tennessee leave the GOP @massadvj   It's voted Republican since 1996.   Donald Trump carried the state with 60+ percent of the vote.

You are right.  It never left.  I was referring to the fact that until recently the polls showed the GOP losing this seat.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Think about.  The totally corrupt media has only one objective by indicating a blue wave or blue tsunami, and that is to discourage Republicans from even bothering to vote.  Well, thanks to their debacle with the Kavanaugh nomination, I fully expect a record Republican turnout, far greater than ever before.  Democommies will turn out too, but not like Republicans.  Most Republicans I know are extremely angry over the rotten manner in which the Dems have behaved with the Kavanaugh nomination. 

Let's face it, Feinstein is a moron and a liar.  Booker is a sexual predator, and yet sits on the Judiciary Committee to judge Kavanaugh.  The fool should have recused himself, for he had no right to sit in judgment of Kavanaugh.  Harris did nothing but give rhetoric for a 2020 presidential run.  Sen Blumenthal, the liar that claimed he was in Vietnam during the war, yet never stepped foot in the country, now he is someone that should be impeached from the Senate.  And the Senator from Hawaii that literally hates men with a passion...any man that votes for this bimbo, well, shame on you!

Americans are tired of the lackluster performance, the abdicative approach the Democommies have used since Trump took office.  They have made every effort to undermine the Trump Administration.  The Dems are a disgrace.

Come November, there is going to be a tsunami alright, but it is red!  The Republicans will retain control of the House, despite the corrupt media's take on it, and the Senate gains four seats for the Republicans.  Still not a true voting majority, but it takes some of the pressure off on votes that require 51 votes.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:29:35 am by jafo2010 »

Online corbe

I see it that way also @jafo2010 GOP retains control of the House by a somewhat slimmer margin but the Senate gains +4 and my nickname around here is Debbie downer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Think about.  The totally corrupt media has only one objective by indicating a blue wave or blue tsunami, and that is to discourage Republicans from even bothering to vote.  Well, thanks to their debacle with the Kavanaugh nomination, I fully expect a record Republican turnout, far greater than ever before.  Democommies will turn out too, but not like Republicans.  Most Republicans I know are extremely angry over the rotten manner in which the Dems have behaved with the Kavanaugh nomination. 

Let's face it, Feinstein is a moron and a liar.  Booker is a sexual predator, and yet sits on the Judiciary Committee to judge Kavanaugh.  The fool should have recused himself, for he had no right to sit in judgment of Kavanaugh.  Harris did nothing but give rhetoric for a 2020 presidential run.  Sen Blumenthal, the liar that claimed he was in Vietnam during the war, yet never stepped foot in the country, now he is someone that should be impeached from the Senate.  And the Senator from Hawaii that literally hates men with a passion...any man that votes for this bimbo, well, shame on you!

Americans are tired of the lackluster performance, the abdicative approach the Democommies have used since Trump took office.  They have made every effort to undermine the Trump Administration.  The Dems are a disgrace.

Come November, there is going to be a tsunami alright, but it is red!  The Republicans will retain control of the House, despite the corrupt media's take on it, and the Senate gains four seats for the Republicans.  Still not a true voting majority, but it takes some of the pressure off on votes that require 51 votes.

As much as I dislike Booker, a teenaged boy copping a feel does not a sexual predator make.  Unless you buy into the thought that men acting sexually in any way is predation.  It's normal, fairly healthy behavior for an adolescent human male. As is being slapped and chastised by the feelee.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I see it that way also @jafo2010 GOP retains control of the House by a somewhat slimmer margin but the Senate gains +4 and my nickname around here is Debbie downer.

I fear the GOP loses the House and gains a couple 3 seats in the Senate.  Even worse the GOP is going to be really hit hard on Governor seats and state legislatures.  Those people redistrict rats into majorities for the 20s.  This is why I tell my children I won't recycle stuff.  I'm waiting until it could cost me my life.

Online DB

This women isn't firing on all cylinders...

I'm no fan of Trump or the GOP these days but I'll have to be dead before a Democrat gets my vote.