Author Topic: Senate confirms Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination  (Read 255 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate confirms Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination
« on: October 06, 2018, 08:10:58 pm »
The Senate voted to confirm Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh as the Supreme Court’s 114th justice on Saturday by one of the narrowest margins in the institution’s history, as police stood guard and protesters’ shouts of “shame, shame” echoed through the Senate chamber.

The 50-to-48 vote capped off a brutal confirmation fight that underscored how deeply polarized the nation has become under President Trump, who has now successfully placed two justices on the nation’s highest court, cementing a conservative majority.

With Vice President Pence presiding, senators sat in their chairs and rose to cast their votes, repeatedly interrupted by protesters in the visitors’ gallery who yelled out and were removed by Capitol Police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kavanaugh-vote-divided-senate-poised-to-confirm-trumps-nominee/2018/10/06/64bf69fa-c969-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?noredirect=on
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Senate confirms Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 11:30:00 pm »
Well this is odd.  Its been at least a couple hours since the vote and all these Republicans don't want to talk about Kavanaugh?  Not even good stuff like how McConnell called Flake the hero in all this?  LOL!

I for one would like to congratulate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.  I am now going to expect him to get to work defending our Constitution.  Defending our citizens against liberal attack.  Because that is what is going on.  First off we should take it to the supreme court that we are being illegally taxed to support Planned Parenthood and pay for abortion against our will.

Oh, and secondly I think McConnell is probably right.  Taking the short few days to do it right might make all the difference in November.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:31:29 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.