Author Topic: Ask yourself: Why are there no prescription medications without horrific side effects?  (Read 986 times)

rangerrebew

Ask yourself: Why are there no prescription medications without horrific side effects?

Saturday, October 06, 2018 by: S.D. Wells   

(Natural News) The reason there are no prescription medications available today where the side effects aren’t worse than the ailment being treated is because Big Pharma will not treat or heal anything without creating several new issues that keep their “customers for life” coming back for more. Most Americans do not want to stop eating junk food, fast food, corporate franchise restaurant food, microwaveable food, prepared food bar “stuff,” and “diet” food that’s mostly chock full of synthetic sweeteners, GMOs and MSG.

Due almost entirely to these nasty eating habits, about 200 million Americans seek medical doctors to prescribe them chemical-filled pills to kill the pain, quell the hypertension, reduce the inflammation, unclog the clots, numb the anxiety, and nullify the depression.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-10-06-why-are-there-no-prescription-medications-without-horrific-side-effects.html

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
More idiotic click bait spam from ranger Rebew and natural news.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
More idiotic click bait spam from ranger Rebew and natural news.

Maybe. But I have actually laughed out loud at some of those 'side effects', as they call them. Usually they will have a film of a butterfly fluttering or children playing, but if you listen to what they are saying, "May cause anal bleeding and/or death", it is terrifying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline the_doc

Ask yourself: Why are there no prescription medications without horrific side effects?

Saturday, October 06, 2018 by: S.D. Wells   

Mike Adams sometimes writes some very good articles--like his rather stunning proof a few months ago that there were at least two shooters in the Las Vegas massacre--but this article by S.D. Wells is not a good one. 

Wells doesn't properly acknowledge the fact that allopathic medicines are bound to have side effects, because the human body is biochemically "wired" such that tinkering with any given pathway in the hope of fixing/alleviating one problem is virtually certain to mess up another pathway to some degree.  (Herbal medicines [on which many prescription drugs are based] are for the most part less likely to have bad side effects, but some of them do have bad side effects.  Some other "natural supplements" are pretty harmful for many people--precisely because they have essentially allopathic mechanisms of action.  Are these "natural meds" being promoted by unscrupulous manufacturers because they have side effects that wreck people?  Of course not.  They are being shrewdly promoted because they are often less likely to cause injury than meds that employ the more aggressive allopathy inherent in prescription drugs--which aggressive drugs do happen to focus on fast, impressive, "patentable" efficacy while hopefully minimizing adverse affects.)

I submit that pharmaceutical companies--most such companies, at least!--do not deliberately select for the development and marketing of drugs that have bad side effects, i.e., they don't try to make people sick so as to force them to buy other drugs.  For that matter, bad side effects are often the cause for delayed approval or even non-approval of a candidate drug.  (In any case, a better business plan is to develop efficacious drugs with better side-effects profiles than those that are currently available.  Such drugs will sell like hotcakes.  [If one reads the pharmaceutical advertisements for new drugs, the better side-effects profile is always hyped when it can be hyped.])

I will offer a caveat to the above paragraph:  I do not blindly trust Big Pharma to be completely ethical;  some Big Pharma firms may be very crooked, indeed.  I just don't think the posted article makes a convincing case.  Besides, the headline is dishonest click bait:  My goodness, there have been and surely still are some prescription medicines that do not have "horrific" side effects. 

(Full disclosure:  I never get the flu vaccine.  That's one I don't trust.)     

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is a simpler answer with no Natural News nuttery needed. Medicine is a delicate manner and each person is unique so what may work great for 99% of the people, may harm 1 %. Even eating has that risk. (Give the wrong person a peanut and they die).

Add to all this, diseases, bacteria, and viruses are always attacking us- it is part of nature.

But mostly, it is lawyers demanding 'risk disclosures' even if the risk is one in one billion. The financial liability out litigious society has brought to the table has made the side effect disclosure ridiculous.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:48:46 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Victoria33

Strange this article is on here today.  I just got put on Lyrica last Thursday, to hopefully bring down nerve pain. A nerve in my neck is pressed due to no cartilage left between the neck bones in two places.  I am NOT going to read the side effects of Lyrica because I have to get rid of that pain so I can use my shoulders/arms/wrists without major pain.

Online mountaineer

Strange this article is on here today.  I just got put on Lyrica last Thursday, to hopefully bring down nerve pain. A nerve in my neck is pressed due to no cartilage left between the neck bones in two places.  I am NOT going to read the side effects of Lyrica because I have to get rid of that pain so I can use my shoulders/arms/wrists without major pain.
Interesting. I have a similar problem which shoots painful pins and needles into my shoulder, and cannot find a single doctor who will prescribe anything other than the physical therapy that already has proven useless. I hope you get some relief!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I had that problem significantly solved three years ago with the removal of four disks and their replacement with 'donor' bone and fusion. I still have pain, but unless I turn my neck past it's new limits and keep it there too long it's tolerable. Of course it did nothing to alieviate the damage already done to the nerves, but it hasn't gotten any worse.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
1: The term Side Effect is CYA. There is no such thing as a 'Side Effect'. There are only 'Direct Effects' It plays better in Court after the pills/procedure cripple or kill you or your family member.

2: The Clinical Trial Standard to prove Efficacy is Placebo. Placebos have NO MEDICAL BENEFIT. They're sugar pills. Completely worthless because they do Nothing. To win approval for sale all a drug has to prove is that it's better than nothing. Not that it's better than an older, much less expensive drug for the same condition, but Nothing.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Quite simple, God made no two people the same. Complex creatures mean different drugs will react differently on a variety of folks.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....