Author Topic: Senate set for rare all-night session ahead of Kavanaugh vote  (Read 592 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate set for rare all-night session ahead of Kavanaugh vote
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:09:59 am »
Senate set for rare all-night session ahead of Kavanaugh vote
By Jordain Carney - 10/05/18 07:24 PM EDT

The Senate is expected to stay in session all night Friday as senators brace for a final vote Saturday afternoon on Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination.

The Senate voted 51-49 earlier Friday to advance Kavanaugh's nomination. Under the chamber's rules, senators have an additional 30 hours to debate his nomination before a final vote takes place.

Senators are expected to burn up the 30 hours of debate by staying up all night to give speeches on Kavanaugh's nomination from the Senate floor.

A spokesman for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said they believed Democrats wanted to speak from the Senate floor throughout Friday night and into Saturday. A Senate Democratic aide confirmed the Senate would be in session all night.

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), a potential 2020 presidential candidate, was among those slated to begin speaking on Friday night, according to an advisory circulated by his office.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410175-senate-heads-for-all-night-session-ahead-of-kavanaugh-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Senate set for rare all-night session ahead of Kavanaugh vote
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 01:24:10 am »
Direct TV, channel 351, C Span2 on now, there's that Whitehouse guy. Think I'll watch all of this. Of course, he's making a pitch against Kavanaugh.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 01:24:49 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 01:34:01 am »
The whole pool of evidence gets tainted, it's like the JFK assassination, you can have anyone coming in and saying anything.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:58 am »
Friday night + C-Span = 5 viewers.   :laugh:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 01:45:02 am »
Friday night + C-Span = 5 viewers.   :laugh:

Yeah, I wonder who would possibly want to watch all the democrats whine fest.  Not me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:56:13 am »
We have all known for years that the SC was the most political court in the land...it was just not talked about. SC Justice  Kavanaungh has talked about it...

I support him because, for the first time in a confirmation process, a nominee has come out and said what I think as an individual.

In my younger lawyer days I'd spend a fair amount of time "judge shopping" guessing the tea leaves....this Judge is open about his politics. I expect and believe he will not disappoint... :shrug:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 02:08:09 am »
This is history.

Hopefully, it's winding down.

We apparently have victory but I will be comfortable when the vote is finally made confirming it.

And on top of that, a lot of us have had an emotional investment in this for?? What? 2 or 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 02:08:53 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 02:12:46 am »
There's Sen. Duckworth, "a man accused credibly of sexual assault", I don't need to hear that and I turned that off but some of it has been fairly good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 05:06:49 am »
   I'd probably watch it if I got CSPAN-2 but I'm gonna go to bed and watch Office reruns till I fall asleep, quickly.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.