Author Topic: The religious right lost the fight over gay marriage in the U.S., but it sees hope in Eastern Europe  (Read 402 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The religious right lost the fight over gay marriage in the U.S., but it sees hope in Eastern Europe

A few days before Romanians were to decide whether to change the constitution to ban same-sex marriage, Texas-based lawyer Peter Costea was busy crisscrossing the country, looking for votes.

In this northeastern Romanian city, he made the rounds, meeting the mayor and religious leaders in the Romanian Orthodox and Catholic churches. A 61-year-old Romanian American, Costea chatted easily in Romanian with medical students as he handed out literature about Saturday’s ballot initiative.

It wasn’t the first time Costea had campaigned against gay marriage here. Thirteen years ago, he worked with local Christian groups in the first push for a constitutional amendment declaring that marriage is a union between a man and a woman. That effort failed.

Read more at: http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-romania-referendum-20181005-story.html

Good weekend reading.

Offline kidd

The religious right supported the election of Trump.
Trump is the first president to be elected as a known supporter of gay "marriage"
By electing Trump, the acceptance of gay "marriage" is now the accepted norm of the GOP. It will be nearly impossible to get that toothpaste back in the tube

This is one of the reasons I preferred Cruz to Trump and then Castle to Trump.
Other reasons were his known philandering (which has become a problem)
and his crude demeanor (which is a problem sporadically)
and we still have no prospects of a complete border wall (over-promised)

But Trump was elected with the support of the religious right.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Then I'm moving to Eastern Europe!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
The religious right supported the election of Trump.
Trump is the first president to be elected as a known supporter of gay "marriage"
By electing Trump, the acceptance of gay "marriage" is now the accepted norm of the GOP. It will be nearly impossible to get that toothpaste back in the tube

This is one of the reasons I preferred Cruz to Trump.....
Other reasons were his known philandering (which has become a problem)
and his crude demeanor (which is a problem sporadically)
and we still have no prospects of a complete border wall (over-promised)

But Trump was elected with the support of the religious right.

888high58888

Unfortunately what is called the "religious right" as some have rightfully pointed out, no longer is truly Christian. Christian-lite is a term I like to use. Call some of us "hateful and bigoted" and watch us peel away and hide. Throw in a few "judge not's" and see them fold like a cheap deck of cards. Everyone wants to be accepted and loved and to "just get along"...

It took guts to post your post. We need more of it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....