Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh’s GoFundMe page raises $603,770, surpassing $540,000 raised for Christine Blasey For  (Read 879 times)

Offline endicom

Market Watch
Leslie Albrecht
Oct. 5, 2018

The raw emotion and bipartisan outrage sparked by the test vote Friday for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has spilled over into dueling online fundraising efforts.

GoFundMe pages raising money for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford — the woman who testified that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party in 1982 — were flooded with donations after Blasey Ford mentioned the crowdfunding sites during the nationally televised hearing.

By Friday afternoon, a GoFundMe campaign for Blasey Ford had raised a $540,018 and had stopped. Donations to one page jumped from $179,000 before her testimony. A separate fund to raise funds to endow an academic chair and/or scholarships in Blasey Ford’s name raised $29,536.

More... https://www.marketwatch.com/story/brett-kavanaughs-supreme-court-hearing-sparks-dueling-gofundme-pages-2018-09-28?mod=newsviewer_click

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not sure if Ford's amount is right..I was tracking it last week and it was over 900k
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Not sure if Ford's amount is right..I was tracking it last week and it was over 900k

$540,228 of $150,000 goal https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford#

I think there was a higher figure but maybe that included other than this. Or maybe anything. At any rate, the above is straight from the page.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Both of them have multiple ones started by their fans, so you probably can get many different numbers depending on how you look at it. 

I find it very weird that strangers would give this much to either. I guess that really shows how much of a game this has become.