Author Topic: Mitch McConnell owes Michael Avenatti a gift basket  (Read 329 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell owes Michael Avenatti a gift basket
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:20:47 pm »
Mitch McConnell owes Michael Avenatti a gift basket
by Becket Adams
 | October 05, 2018 05:50 PM

Democrats were right to worry that celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti would gum up their campaign to destroy Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court.

Avenatti’s insatiable lust for attention and his predilection for tabloid-style sensationalism helped push Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, into supporting to confirm President Trump’s second nominee to the Supreme Court, as she said herself in her speech.

Prior to announcing her position Friday, Collins listed her many reasons for supporting the judge. Collins also addressed the allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against Kavanaugh, including the charge he tried to rape Christine Blasey Ford when they were both in high school. On that matter, Collins walked a fine line, saying she believes Ford is a genuine victim, but that there is also no evidence to show Kavanaugh is the one who committed the assault.

Collins then turned her attention to Avenatti and his client, Julie Swetnick, who claims she witnessed Kavanaugh organizing gang rapes when he was roughly 15 years old.

For Avenatti, the senator’s tone changed immediately.

“Some of the allegations levied against Judge Kavanaugh illustrate why the presumption of innocence is so important. I am thinking in particular not of the allegations raised by Prof. Ford, but of the allegation that when he was a teenager, Judge Kavanaugh drugged multiple girls and used their weakened state to facilitate gang rape,” Collins said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/mitch-mcconnell-owes-michael-avenatti-a-gift-basket
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Mitch McConnell owes Michael Avenatti a gift basket
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:21:53 pm »
And a fruitcake...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:24:17 pm »
Can't wait till this slip and fall lawyer runs in 2020. It will be delightful.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 10:25:55 pm »
That bald head of his has to be exploding with rage right now. He is never going to publicly admit he's wrong, just stew over how he'll bring everyone down next time, as if he's some cut-rate villain from a B-movie.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 10:30:39 pm »
Can't wait till this slip and fall lawyer runs in 2020. It will be delightful.

He's got to come through Iowa first. Who knows if I'll have the time and means then, but if I do I'll definitely help make his political time here hell.
The Republic is lost.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:12 pm »

Avenatti is $10 million in the hole: Bankruptcy judge hits Michael Avenatti's firm with restraining order to freeze legal fees in 54 cases
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-avenatti-bankruptcy-20180711-story.html

He's probably not working pro bono at this time.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:20 pm »
Avenatti was a gift.  Listening to Susan Collins it seems the absurdity of that claim tipped things over the balance for her. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 11:41:39 pm »
Avenatti was in meltdown mode this afternoon.  Here's a sampling:

Michael Avenatti
Verified accountï‚™ @MichaelAvenatti 

.@SenatorCollins should be ashamed of herself for attacking my client and Dr. Ford. How did she make a credibility determination as to my client? How is she qualified to do that without ANY investigation? She did ZERO to determine whether my client and her witnesses were credible

12:44 PM - 5 Oct 2018
Michael Avenatti

.@SenatorCollins should be ashamed of herself for attacking my client and Dr. Ford. How did she make a credibility determination as to my client? How is she qualified to do that without ANY investigation? She did ZERO to determine whether my client and her witnesses were credible.

12:44 PM - 5 Oct 2018

Michael Avenatti

.@SenatorCollins does not have the judgment to be a US Senator. She never met my client, never had her interviewed, never met the 6 witnesses supporting her declaration or had them interviewed, and never cross examined my client. And yet she made a credibility determination. How?

2:13 PM - 5 Oct 2018

Michael Avenatti

.@SenatorCollins did not attack me, she attacked my client. A woman who came forward as a sexual assault victim. And she attacked Julie and “shamed her” without any facts and no investigation. This was a disgrace and a gut punch aimed at survivors everywhere.

2:38 PM - 5 Oct 2018

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1048297890190376961?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1048297890190376961?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1048320335744040960?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1048326589413580800?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet