Author Topic: Sen. Lisa Murkowski: Brett Kavanaugh is not 'the right man for the court at this time'  (Read 380 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Sen. Lisa Murkowski — the only Republican to join Democrats’ filibuster against Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh — explained her vote Friday, saying she believes he is a good man but not the right man for the high court.

The Alaska Republican told reporters she hadn’t made up her mind about how she would vote until she entered the chamber Friday morning, and had been wrestling with evaluating Judge Kavanaugh based on his qualifications and the swirling allegations of sexual assault.

“I believe we are dealing with issues right now that are bigger than a nominee in how we assure that our institutions — not only the legislative branch but the judicial branch — continue to be respected,” Ms. Murkowski said.

“I took the very, very difficult vote that I did. I believe Brett Kavanaugh is a good man. I believe he is a good man. It just might be, in my view, he is not the right man for the court at this time,” she added.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/5/lisa-murkowski-brett-kavanaugh-not-right-man-court/
This coming from a person who only got her job by her father the governor filling a Senate seat by appointing her.

Alaska needs to use her same words when she is up for re-election:

Lisa Murkowski is not 'the right person for the Senate at this time'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Hey Lisa, how does it feel to have Susan Collins' tire tracks running right over your face?

Offline dfwgator

Hey Lisa, how does it feel to have Susan Collins' tire tracks running right over your face?

That was beautiful!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I officially don't give a shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

After tomorrow's vote, she needs to be stripped of her committee assignments.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline cato potatoe

Party switch coming if the pubs lose a seat.  Given how radicalized the dems are, she better anticipate another write-in campaign in 2022.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Palin to Lisa Murkowski after #KavanaughVote: "I can see 2022 from my house"
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Party switch coming if the pubs lose a seat.  Given how radicalized the dems are, she better anticipate another write-in campaign in 2022.

Step up Mrs. Palin.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,335206.0.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing was orchestrated.

Murkowski says 'no', which sets up the Collins speech,  where now if she says 'no' it's all over.  So everybody is going to be watching.  Then WHAMMO!  Collins delivers the knockout blow.

I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow Murkowski says 'yes' claiming that Collins' speech flipped her.

Offline endicom

"...It just might be, in my view, he is not the right man for the court at this time,” she added."

It shouldn't be about what's in the news at the moment. If you're suited to the job then you are.

Offline dfwgator

"...It just might be, in my view, he is not the right man for the court at this time,” she added."

It shouldn't be about what's in the news at the moment. If you're suited to the job then you are.

A very wishy-washy excuse.   As I predict tomorrow, she'll vote yes because of the case Senator Collins laid out.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Alot of people are posting this as a very appropriate metaphor IMO. Hilarious.

The Republic is lost.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I'm beginning to wonder if this whole thing was orchestrated.

Murkowski says 'no', which sets up the Collins speech,  where now if she says 'no' it's all over.  So everybody is going to be watching.  Then WHAMMO!  Collins delivers the knockout blow.

I wouldn't be shocked if tomorrow Murkowski says 'yes' claiming that Collins' speech flipped her.

I don't think Murkowski will do the right thing, but it would be great if she did. DiFi cowed Her somehow.
Principles matter. Words matter.