Author Topic: Federal judge blocks Trump from deporting hundreds of thousands of immigrants under TPS  (Read 506 times)

rangerrebew

Federal judge blocks Trump from deporting hundreds of thousands of immigrants under TPS
Posted: Oct 03, 2018 9:59 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 4, 2018 2:50 PM
By Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Trump administration to temporarily halt its plan to end a special federal immigration program that has allowed hundreds of thousands of immigrants to legally live and work in the U.S. for decades.

U.S. District Judge Edward Chen ruled that the administration may have side-stepped federal rule-making guidelines, imposed undue political pressure on staffers, and violated the Equal Protection Clause by basing its decision "on animus against non-white, non-European immigrants."

http://www.cbs8.com/story/39226642/federal-judge-blocks-trump-administration-from-deporting-300000-immigrants-under-tps

rangerrebew

Another example of jurisbias?   :judge:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Another example of jurisbias?   :judge:

Not to mention gross judicial overreaching!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Exactly why we need Kavanaugh.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Doesn't this judge actually work for POTUS?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
U.S. District Judge Edward Chen ruled that the administration may have side-stepped federal rule-making guidelines, imposed undue political pressure on staffers, and violated the Equal Protection Clause by basing its decision "on animus against non-white, non-European immigrants."

Apparently we rule based on catechism of Intersectional Doctrine now.
The Republic is lost.