Author Topic: Gianforte offers GOP senator plane to return for Kavanaugh vote  (Read 319 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gianforte offers GOP senator plane to return for Kavanaugh vote
« on: October 05, 2018, 05:35:38 pm »
Gianforte offers GOP senator plane to return for Kavanaugh vote
By Jordain Carney - 10/05/18 01:28 PM EDT

Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) says he has a plan for returning to the Senate if his vote is needed on Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination: Rep. Greg Gianforte’s plane.

“My good friend and colleague, Greg Gianforte, has come to save the day. If I need to be in two places at once to walk my daughter down the aisle on her wedding day and to be the final vote to put Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court, he’s offered me use of his plane,” Daines said in a statement on Friday.

Daines was expected to leave Washington, D.C., on Friday to fly to Montana for his daughter’s wedding on Saturday, leaving Republicans down one senator for the final confirmation vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination.

Senators voted 51-49 to end debate on Kavanaugh’s nomination. If every senator votes the same on Saturday, Republicans wouldn’t need Daines.

But Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) haven’t said how they will vote. GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) voted against ending debate.

If Republicans need Daines to confirm Kavanaugh they could hold the vote open until he returns from Montana.

"If there is any change to timing or any announcements on votes, we'll be sure to get the info out as we always do," a spokesperson for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's (R-Ky.) office said in a statement to The Hill said on Thursday night.

A spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Thursday evening that they have not had any talks with McConnell's staff about getting a deal to move the final Saturday vote on Kavanaugh's nomination.

more
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/410120-gianforte-offers-gop-senator-plane-to-return-for-kavanaugh-vote
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34