Author Topic: Trump mocks Al Franken over resignation: He folded ‘like a wet rag’  (Read 6047 times)

Offline corbe

Trump mocks Al Franken over resignation: He folded ‘like a wet rag’

By Tal Axelrod - 10/04/18 09:23 PM EDT

President Trump mocked former Senator Al Franken (D-Minn.) at a campaign rally in Minnesota Thursday for resigning following multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

“That guy was wacky. Boy did he fold up like a wet rag, huh?” Trump said at a rally in Rochester in Franken's home state.

“He was gone so fast, I don’t want to mention Al Franken’s name, he was gone so fast,” he added.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/410028-trump-mocks-al-franken-over-resignation-he-folded-like-a-wet-rag
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

What purpose does this serve? Is it just as some of us debated yesterday, Just 'Red Meat' for the base? 
   Juvenile, but that's how he rolls, I must get use to it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   What purpose does this serve? Is it just as some of us debated yesterday, Just 'Red Meat' for the base? 

Yep; it is how he rolls.  You need to save some of that pique for the democrats.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

Ridicule works,  the Left has been doing it to our side for years.

Now it's our turn to throw it back in their faces.

Offline Meldrew

I'm sure Rush will do 10 minutes tomorrow on the brilliant 4D chess move by Trump here.  Thank goodness we have a "Trump whisperer" to clue us in everyday. /sarc

Offline Frank Cannon

It serves to inject this idiot Frankin back into the news cycle to remind everyone that while the Rats charge Kav with this shit, they actually do it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

They like their juvenile.  It is the way he rolls.  It was so funny people trying to say he wasn't mocking the other day.  Of course he was.  If you like it fine, but don't be dishonest.  Mocking is mocking.  Trumps a mocker.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

They like their juvenile.  It is the way he rolls.  It was so funny people trying to say he wasn't mocking the other day.  Of course he was.  If you like it fine, but don't be dishonest.  Mocking is mocking.  Trumps a mocker.

Some people need to be mocked.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know if you have been in a coma the last month, but google a guy named Kavanaugh and Senate Hearings and get back to me about why you think these Rats do not deserve to be treated like pig shit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I don't know if you have been in a coma the last month, but google a guy named Kavanaugh and Senate Hearings and get back to me about why you think these Rats do not deserve to be treated like pig shit.

Or,maybe what's lower than pig shit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Are you mocking our President, @Chosen Daughter ????

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Some people need to be mocked.
:amen:  In this new era, it's a necessity.  Mocking is essential. 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I am outraged also.  I want to see her held accountable for character assassination.  I want the whole thing to unravel.  I want an investigation into Feinstein, Blasey Ford and the lawyers.  I want to see the whole thing come out in full view of political assassination.

The mocking is for Trump.  Trump does it for himself because the act works for him.  If you like it you do.  If you don't you don't.  I might be a little old fashioned, but not old.  Not appealing to me.

It the same culture that works for Democrats that makes Trumps shows work for him.  Its a moral decline.  Watch any new television show.  Ugliness works.  Its a show.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

If you don't you don't.  I might be a little old fashioned, but not old. 

I read your shit. You are past old fashioned. You remind me of the old bat at the end of my street who yells at the skate boarders because their wheel are too loud.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I read your shit. You are past old fashioned. You remind me of the old bat at the end of my street who yells at the skate boarders because their wheel are too loud.

And you sound like the creepy drunk who would be comfortable hanging out with slick willy at Hooters.

Offline Frank Cannon

And you sound like the creepy drunk who would be comfortable hanging out with slick willy at Hooters.

At least I'll be having a hell of a lot more fun and hear a lot more interesting stories that way then whatever the eff you do to kill time in the day.

Offline Chosen Daughter

At least I'll be having a hell of a lot more fun and hear a lot more interesting stories that way then whatever the eff you do to kill time in the day.

Wasting a whole lot of time here listening to you.  Complete waste of time with big group worship.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wasting a whole lot of time here listening to you.  Complete waste of time with big group worship.

Wow. Since things are so dire here maybe you should be the one hitting Hooters with Slick.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Chosen Daughter   I really resent your reference to 'group worship.'

Please get a clue.  Supporting our President does not mean we worship him.

How about your 'group whining?'

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Trumps right though, this metoo thing was hysterical in how it brought down lefties.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It the same culture that works for Democrats that makes Trumps shows work for him.  Its a moral decline.  Watch any new television show.  Ugliness works.  Its a show.

Somewhere, among the 70+ pages of the original Kavanaugh live thread, I said something similar.  The MSM decided the spectacle was worth covering and the supporters decided it was worth watching.  We shouldn’t be terribly surprised the president is a borscht belt insult comic and everything has now become a sideshow.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:33:30 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Somewhere, among the 70+ pages of the original Kavanaugh live thread, I said something similar.  The MSM decided the spectacle was worth covering and the supporters decided it was worth watching.  We shouldn’t be terribly surprised the president is a borscht belt insult comic and everything has now become a sideshow.

Yeah, because things were so much better when your pal Bush hid under his desk in the Oval Office while the Rats and MSM went full tilt crazy.

Offline edpc

Yeah, because things were so much better when your pal Bush hid under his desk in the Oval Office while the Rats and MSM went full tilt crazy.

I seem to recall the nation was doing pretty well, economically, under Bush 43, until summer 2008.  That time bomb was built by Carter and strengthened by Clinton.  W repeatedly warned the subprime loans were going to be a problem.  Nobody cared....until they did....then blamed him for it.     :shrug:

Offline Frank Cannon

I seem to recall the nation was doing pretty well, economically, under Bush 43, until summer 2008. 

Really? It was all a fraud built on free money, deep subprime loans and Greenspan allowing Wall Street to go 100% hog wild. You cite '08 as being the last of the good times? Guess you were on vacation when the Rats took congress in '06 because things beginning to circle the drain. But that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. This is about punching the MSM and Rats in the face repeatedly instead of never defending yourself and letting the entire party's name turn to mud. 

Offline edpc

This is about punching the MSM and Rats in the face repeatedly instead of never defending yourself and letting the entire party's name turn to mud.

You’re absolutely high if you think anything Trump does is for the benefit of a party or anyone else besides himself.