Author Topic: The 10 Most Vulnerable Senators in 2018: Cruz, Menendez Make the List  (Read 950 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: ROLL CALL

URL: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/one-month-10-vulnerable-senators

For the first time this cycle, the senators on the list of most vulnerable incumbents have changed.

Operatives in both parties agree Democratic Sens. Sherrod Brown of Ohio and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania are favored to win re-election even though they are running in states that backed President Donald Trump in 2016. Texas Republican Ted Cruz and New Jersey Democrat Robert Menendez replace them on the list.

Red-state Democrats still dominate, with North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp remaining in the top spot. Nevada Republican Dean Heller is still the second-most vulnerable incumbent with the wind at Democrats’ backs this midterm.

Strategists on both sides say it’s too early to know how the battle over Trump’s Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh could shake up these Senate races. His nomination hangs in the balance after Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony last week that he sexually assaulted her when they were in high school.

(Excerpt) Read more at above link....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 06:17:57 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: The 10 Most Vulnerable Senators in 2018: Cruz, Menendez Make the List
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 08:06:18 pm »
I don't agree with much in this column.  For one thing, Texas will NOT elect a crazy liberal.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 09:01:26 pm »
   I agree @Emjay Cruz will win by at least 8~10%.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:42:54 pm »
This list is based on conversations with strategists from both sides of the aisle, polling, and the race ratings from Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales.

So all the losers who haven't been able to predict an election since 2008.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:52:05 pm »
Cruz will win handily. Beatoff isn't worth the paper he's printed on.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 10:01:58 pm »
I think I saw a list of the 10 most vulnerable Senators in another article and neither Cruz nor Menendez were in it. Polls only count for so much,  New Jersey polls indicate quite a few different outcomes.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 12:14:53 am »
I don't agree with much in this column.  For one thing, Texas will NOT elect a crazy liberal.

I'm going to hold you to your comments @Emjay @corbe @austingirl
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 12:16:26 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 12:26:41 am »
   I'll put my money where my mouth is @libertybele  $20 to the TBR kitty if Cruz loses by less than 8%.  As long as Cruz don't lose and I don't think he will, I win.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 12:47:16 am »
   I'll put my money where my mouth is @libertybele  $20 to the TBR kitty if Cruz loses by less than 8%.  As long as Cruz don't lose and I don't think he will, I win.

@corbe a loss for Ted is going to be a huge victory for Beto and the DEMS; % points 'ain't' going to matter.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 06:18:22 am »
Republicans have a net gain of four seats.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »
Republicans have a net gain of four seats.

You could be correct.  Oddly, the Kavanaugh imbroglio may have been exactly what was needed at this time.