Author Topic: Chris Coons: If I were to guess, Kavanaugh will be 'narrowly confirmed'  (Read 485 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Coons: If I were to guess, Kavanaugh will be 'narrowly confirmed'
By John Bowden - 10/04/18 02:07 PM EDT

Delaware Sen. Chris Coons (D) says he expects Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to be "narrowly confirmed" following the FBI's supplemental investigation into his background, the results of which were shared with the Senate on Thursday.

In an interview with "Fox and Friends" Thursday morning, the Judiciary Committee member told the hosts that while he still remains personally opposed to Kavanaugh's nomination to the court, he expects Republicans to have the necessary votes for the judge's confirmation.

"I think this will be a very close vote. It hangs by a few undecided Democrats and Republicans. I haven't read this report yet, [but] if I were to just guess today, he would be narrowly confirmed," Coons told the Fox News hosts.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409946-chris-coons-if-i-were-to-guess-kavanaugh-will-be-narrowly-confirmed
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: Chris Coons: If I were to guess, Kavanaugh will be 'narrowly confirmed'
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 06:51:22 pm »
I'm guessing not that close.  If/when they put it to a vote, they'll know they have 50, and so will the D's.  Knowing they've lost, many will vote on qualifications before politics, knowing that someday it'll be their guy up there.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:53:03 pm »
I'm guessing not that close.  If/when they put it to a vote, they'll know they have 50, and so will the D's.  Knowing they've lost, many will vote on qualifications before politics, knowing that someday it'll be their guy up there.

Kavanaugh will be confirmed with 54 yay votes.

Get yer bets in early.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 07:47:03 pm »

Get yer bets in early.

I'm in for 75-80.

@corbe poll time?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:11:42 pm »
   Excellent Suggestion @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

How many VOTES will Kavanaugh get in the Senate?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,335027.0.html

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 08:33:26 pm »

Get yer bets in early.

I'll guess 52.  All R's, and Manchin (for state political reasons only)
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.