Author Topic: ‘Never Trumpers’ unite to back Trump’s battle for Kavanaugh  (Read 27950 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I think that an all too rosy picture, even as dire as it is.

Or, just keep spending and negotiate your debt, as Trump has previously suggested.     *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

Or, just keep spending and negotiate your debt, as Trump has previously suggested.     *****rollingeyes*****

Yeah right - Too big to fail.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Where does Congress get the constitutional right to collect taxes for expenses not enumerated in Article I, Section 8?  @Jazzhead

(Serious question, I can't find it)  Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia

This (Sec 5 of Amendment 14) is how I've seen idiotic spending justified by Courts.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

The Court concocts an Equal Protection Right and then justifies funding it through the 14th.

Crap like this is why taking back the Judiciary is so important.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:45:57 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yeah, but, think about what "balancing the budget" would mean. 

Offline roamer_1

*NOTHING* without massive decrease in spending, and allowance for payment of debt in real money.

Offline Hoodat

It is accurate.  Included in each year's budget is the payoff of bonds that become due that Year.  No bond has a due date beyond 20 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

*NOTHING* without massive decrease in spending, and allowance for payment of debt in real money.

Works for me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Congress needs to quit the baseline budgeting too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Congress needs to quit the baseline budgeting too.

Well wake me up whenever there are enough of them willing to abandon that institutionalized policy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Well wake me up whenever there are enough of them willing to abandon that institutionalized policy.

Must we really, @INVAR   You are so much fun when you are sleeping.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline cato potatoe

Damage? For Pete’s sake! Trump has done more for conservatives in just two short years  than republican politicians have done for conservatives in the last 25-years!

If taxes on imports, blowout deficits, and taxpayer funded abortions are your idea of conservatism, then I just have to disagree.  Whether the judges pan out is something that will not be apparent for a decade or more.  Kavanaugh told Collins he would not touch Roe.  Maybe you don't care if bad decisions are overturned, so we'll disagree on that as well.

The damage I referenced would come in the form of lost elections.  There is evidence that Trump has made the conservative movement less popular with people that may swing the country to the left in coming years.  Trump is the same as he ever was.  Democrats have gone completely berserk.  For the near term, he is useful in keeping them distracted.  But don't expect us to stay quiet when he does something harmful.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:52:48 pm by cato potatoe »

Offline Hoodat

Other than 'Doing your job as the People's Representative'?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If taxes on imports, blowout deficits, and taxpayer funded abortions are your idea of conservatism, then I just have to disagree.  Whether the judges pan out is something that will not be apparent for a decade or more.  Kavanaugh told Collins he would not touch Roe.  Maybe you don't care if bad decisions are overturned, so we'll disagree on that as well.

The damage I referenced would come in the form of lost elections.  There is evidence that Trump has made the conservative movement less popular with people that may swing the country to the left in coming years.  Trump is the same as he ever was.  Democrats have gone completely berserk.  For the near term, he is useful in keeping them distracted.  But don't expect us to stay quiet when he does something harmful.

Shouldn't that be 'if' and not 'when?' 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Other than 'Doing your job as the People's Representative'?

No, I meant the details.  If the feds were limited to spending no more than they brought in, the cuts in "services" would have to be massive.  With great societial impact. 

Offline Hoodat

No, I meant the details.  If the feds were limited to spending no more than they brought in, the cuts in "services" would have to be massive.  With great societial impact.

Absolutely!  Just think of the societal impact if the incentive to not work was taken away?  We would be looking at double-digit growth through the next decade.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cato potatoe

Shouldn't that be 'if' and not 'when?'

sure, why not

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Absolutely!  Just think of the societal impact if the incentive to not work was taken away?  We would be looking at double-digit growth through the next decade.

Among other things.  It would be horrible at first though.  All those getting somebody else's money won't give it up easily.

Offline Hoodat

Hitler reacts to Kavanaugh confirmation

! No longer available

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-