Author Topic: Grassley views FBI Kavanaugh file, says FBI Report does not corroborate Ford claims  (Read 640 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: FOX NEWS

URL: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grassley-views-fbi-kavanaugh-file-says-it-doesnt-corroborate-ford-claims

by Brooke Singman

Fresh from viewing the much-anticipated FBI supplemental report on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley declared nothing in the document changed his mind and that it was time for the Senate to vote on the jurist's high-court confirmation.

“I’ve now received a committee staff briefing on the FBI’s supplement to Judge Kavanaugh’s background investigation file," the Iowa GOP lawmaker said Thursday. "There’s nothing in it that we didn’t already know. These uncorroborated accusations have been unequivocally and repeatedly rejected by Judge Kavanaugh, and neither the Judiciary Committee nor the FBI could locate any third parties who can attest to any of the allegations.

“It’s time to vote," Grassley added. "I’ll be voting to confirm Judge Kavanaugh.”

Grassley was the first senator to view the document, which was ordered by the White House after allegations of decades-old sexual misconduct emerged against Kavanaugh after his nomination hearing before Grassley's committee had ended. Other members of the committee and the full Senate will be permitted to view the documents in a secure facility later today.

The FBI interviewed nine potential witnesses in search of possible corroboration of Christine Ford's claim the now 53-year-old Kavanaugh forcibly groped her when they were teenagers. Although the report is not expected to be made public, potential witnesses named by Ford previously said they had no knowledge of the party where she claims the attack occurred.

Ford's claims, put forward in a letter that the committee's ranking Democrat, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., produced last month, led to an emotional new hearing a week ago. Ford repeated her claims, and Kavanaugh then tearfully denied them and accused members of the Senate of combing through his past and turning the body's "advice and consent" role into one of "search and destroy."

(Excerpt) Read more at above link ...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:12:39 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

Expect the usual suspects to now demand that the FBI investigators be investigated.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Of course Ford isn't corroborated.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline SirLinksALot

MORE HERE:

Collins Calls FBI Probe “Very Thorough”; Flake: “No Additional Corroborating Information”

SEE HERE: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/04/developing-collins-calls-fbi-probe-thorough-flake-no-additional-corroborating-information/

Online Hoodat

We now have Grassley, Collins, and Flake stating publicly that the FBI report does not corroborate Ford's claims.  And there is not a single Democrat out there saying that it does.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline SirLinksALot

KEY TWEETS:

JUST IN: “It appears to be a very thorough investigation,” key Republican Sen. Collins says of FBI report on Kavanaugh, “but I’m going to go back to personally read the interviews.” – @CharlieGileNBC

— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 4, 2018

And this from Flakey Jeff:

“No additional corroborating information" in FBI report on Judge Kavanaugh, Sen. Flake says, but adds that he plans to review the report further.

— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 4, 2018

With Collins and Flake both satisfied with the investigation, it’s hard to see them voting against the nomination since that would be an obvious red flag to raise right now. Kavanaugh appears, at the moment, headed to the Supreme Court

— Manu Raju (@mkraju) October 4, 2018

Interestingly, so does Senate Democrat Chris Coons. He predicted earlier that Kavanaugh will win confirmation, but “narrowly”:

Sen. @ChrisCoons says if he had to guess, Judge Kavanaugh “will be narrowly confirmed” pic.twitter.com/vYeYkXW4VZ

— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) October 4, 2018

Silver Pines

Erick Erickson is saying that his Senate sources tell him they fully expect Dem votes for Kavanaugh.

Offline dfwgator

Cautiously optimistic now.

Offline SirLinksALot

We now have Grassley, Collins, and Flake stating publicly that the FBI report does not corroborate Ford's claims.  And there is not a single Democrat out there saying that it does.

Well, I just saw Schmuck Schumer wagging his finger in anger on TV... I did not hear what he said though, I muted it.

Silver Pines

According to Redstate, “Democrats leave Schumer’s office stonefaced.”

Offline cato potatoe

Sounds like they are just waiting for instructions from the dems.  Either way, McConnell needs to end this farce the by weekend.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Well, I just saw Schmuck Schumer wagging his finger in anger on TV... I did not hear what he said though, I muted it.
I had to mute the a$$hole, too. Odd that he and DiFi scuttled away without taking questions. They know their smear didn't work.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.