Author Topic: Rand Paul's wife pens letter to Booker following protests, threats against husband  (Read 752 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul's wife pens letter to Booker following protests, threats against husband
By Brett Samuels - 10/03/18 09:54 PM EDT

The wife of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Wednesday penned an open letter directed at Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), appearing to blame the Democrat for the threats and protests her husband has faced this week.

Kelley Paul wrote in an op-ed published on CNN that her husband was "besieged at the airport by activists." She indicated that they shouted at the senator, stuck their middle fingers in his face and prevented him from moving to his destination.

She wrote that the protesters had heeded Booker's advice from July in which he urged a nonprofit group in Washington, D.C., to "get up in the face of some congresspeople" rather than being passive about issues they care about.

Read more at: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409814-rand-pauls-wife-pens-letter-to-booker-over-increased-threats-against-senator

It really is easy to hate the Democrats. There is nothing too low for them.

This is really bad.... total lack of civility.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:05:31 am by TomSea »

Offline Night Hides Not

This is really bad.... total lack of civility.

The same charge, I.e. total lack of civility, can easily be directed at Trump.

Nothing is too low for our POTUS, either.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

For all his flaws, I don't recall that Trump urged people to assault Democrat politicians the way Booker, Waters, et al., have told their fans to "get in the faces" of Republicans.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Polly Ticks

I expect Rand Paul and his wife have more standing than most to speak out against threats of violence against Senators.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline endicom

I expect Rand Paul and his wife have more standing than most to speak out against threats of violence against Senators.

Second in line after Scalise and far from last in line.

Offline Suppressed

For all his flaws, I don't recall that Trump urged people to assault Democrat politicians the way Booker, Waters, et al., have told their fans to "get in the faces" of Republicans.

Not politicians, but remember this one?

"Knock the crap out of him, would you?  I promise you, I will pay your legal fees."

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jpsb

:thumbsup:

Offline jpsb

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

Total lack of civility?

Exaggerate much?

Trump musta really hurt your feelings bad when he vanquished the loser you were supporting in the primary.

Or was it that you got your nose outta joint when no matter how hard you tried convincing your fellow freepers, you failed to stem the rising tide of support at Free Republic for Donald Trump’s presidency, certain you were right about him. Well, you’re batting zero dude.

Don’t bother responding, I won’t answer. I’ve got no respect for you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Total lack of civility?

Exaggerate much?

Trump musta really hurt your feelings bad when he vanquished the loser you were supporting in the primary.

Or was it that you got your nose outta joint when no matter how hard you tried convincing your fellow freepers, you failed to stem the rising tide of support at Free Republic for Donald Trump’s presidency, certain you were right about him. Well, you’re batting zero dude.

Good lord, there can't hardly be one damn bit of that poor horse left, but you insist on dragging it out of the stable over and over.......................and over.