General Category > History

Operation Gothic Serpent Oct. 3, 1992

<< < (2/2)

txradioguy:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on October 04, 2018, 12:02:03 am ---I will never forget the parents of SFC Randy Shughart testify before Congress..it was heartbreaking..I sat and cried.

Black Hawk Down was another debacle of Clinton...they asked for support and he refused..the Clintons are good at not helping our military when in need.

--- End quote ---

Les Aspin resigned because of his refusal of MG Montgomery's request for armor in Somalia...as he rightfully should have.

Sadly the Turkish 3 Star that was the overall operational commander was jailed at the beginning of the Ergodan military purge 5 years ago.

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: txradioguy on October 04, 2018, 12:04:59 am ---Les Aspin resigned because of his refusal of MG Montgomery's request for armor in Somalia...as he rightfully should have.

Sadly the Turkish 3 Star that was the overall operational commander was jailed at the beginning of the Ergodan military purge 5 years ago.

--- End quote ---

Yes Les Aspin fell on his sword for Clinton.

I read at the time that the guilt of this episode led to his death....Clinton on the other hand didn't lose a night's sleep.

txradioguy:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on October 04, 2018, 12:09:00 am ---Yes Les Aspin fell on his sword for Clinton.

I read at the time that the guilt of this episode led to his death....Clinton on the other hand didn't lose a night's sleep.

--- End quote ---

Neither of the Clinton's lose a nights sleep about the decisions they make that cost the lives of other people.  From Mogadishu to Bengazi they've left a trail of bodies and never lost a minutes sleep.

Sanguine:
Thanks, @txradioguy, one of mine was in that area shortly thereafter.  I remember it well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version