Author Topic: Republicans fear 'selective leaking' of final Kavanaugh report  (Read 247 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans fear 'selective leaking' of final Kavanaugh report
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:51:02 pm »
Republicans fear 'selective leaking' of final Kavanaugh report
by Susan Ferrechio
 | October 02, 2018 04:20 PM

Some Senate Republicans fear their Democratic counterparts will selectively leak parts of the FBI's final report about Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in order to make him look bad just as the Senate prepares to vote on him.

As of Tuesday, the plan was to only have the report go to senators so they can decide whether to support Kavanaugh, and vote on him sometime this week. Both Republican and Democratic Senate leaders seem to agree on that plan.

But that has some Republicans worried about partial leaks aimed at turning the public against Kavanaugh.

“I hope there is going to be some way for all of you to see parts of it,” Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., told reporters Tuesday. “Because I’m afraid it’s going to be selectively leaked out and each side will use the piece that works best for them.”

Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., agreed that the report should be released so the public can weigh in based on the report itself, not others' interpretation of the report.

“The report will be done this week and I think its contents should be made available to the American people,” Kennedy said. “I trust them to decide.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/congress/republicans-fear-selective-leaking-of-final-kavanaugh-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Republicans fear 'selective leaking' of final Kavanaugh report
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:02:52 am »
Of course they will.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Republicans fear 'selective leaking' of final Kavanaugh report
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 01:16:41 am »
I realize that FBI "reports" are generally not released to the public as a matter of policy.

But... if the democrat-communists try to "selectively leak" parts of it...
... the only rational response is to make the ENTIRE report public, let the light shine in, and then let the chips fall where they may.

This case is too important, historically, to do otherwise.
The truth MUST "out" -- regardless of what "policy" has been followed in the past.