Author Topic: Raggae Band UB40 Says Kavanaugh College Bar Fight "Has Nothing to Do" With Them  (Read 476 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

URL: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ub40-brett-kavanaugh-bar-fight-has-nothing-do-them-1148607?utm_source=twitter

by Gil Kaufman

The Supreme Court nominee was questioned by local authorities in 1985 following a bar fight after a UB40 concert. Following a report in The New York Times that revealed embattled Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh was questioned by the New Haven Police Department following a 1985 bar fight after a UB40 concert, a spokesperson for the band provided Billboard with a statement about the incident Tuesday.

According to the report, Kavanaugh was an undergraduate at Yale when he was accused of throwing ice onto another man, whom a friend said Kavanaugh believed was the singer of the reggae-pop band.

“Obviously, there must have been an assault because the police were called and a report was filed, but this is a case of mistaken identity and has nothing to do with UB40," a spokesperson for UB40, founding member guitarist/vocalist Robin Campbell, tells Billboard. (Singer Ali Campbell left the group in 2008.)

(Excerpt) Read more at above link...

Offline musiclady

This is getting more and more bizarre.

Can you believe the political process has gone this far down into the toilet?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is getting more and more bizarre.

Can you believe the political process has gone this far down into the toilet?
Sadly, yes. Yes, I can.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Frank Cannon

a spokesperson for UB40, founding member guitarist/vocalist Robin Campbell, tells Billboard.

Why would a band that sucked 30 years ago still have a spokesman?

Offline skeeter

I'd throw ice on them too just for covering Neil Diamond songs.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Why would they even have to respond to something like this?

What's next, Coin-Op will have to issue a statement because one of their pinball machines was in the bar.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Odd, I just posted a giblet from UB40 in the music thread a day or so ago. So they also don't confirm the news stories. that means it didn't happen or the singer attacked was an opening/closing reggae band.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,324627.msg1808644.html#msg1808644
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 10:14:07 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline musiclady

Sadly, yes. Yes, I can.

Yeah......... me too, jmyrle.  :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.