State Chapters > State Politics/Government

Republican U.S. House candidate (the other) Scott Walker formally renounced by Delaware GOP

(1/1)

TomSea:
Not sure what the controversy is about this candidate. The only thing I've seen is grassroots-type of campaigning. Little funding.  Article is a little over a week old. Okay, rejected after making an explosive facebook tirade.

--- Quote ---Republican U.S. House candidate Scott Walker formally renounced by Delaware GOP
Scott Goss, Delaware News Journal Published 3:51 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2018 | Updated 5:56 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2018

The Delaware GOP’s executive committee voted Thursday night to renounce Scott Walker – one day after the Republican nominee for U.S. House went on an explosive Facebook tirade.

The state Republican Party never publicly backed Walker, who ran for Congress in 2016 as a Democrat.

This week’s unanimous censure from the committee is intended to make it clear the party will not be providing any financial backing or other support to the 67-year-old Milford resident, who shocked the state by winning the Sept. 6 Republican primary.

Read more at: https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/21/republican-u-s-house-nominee-scott-walker-renounced-delaware-gop/1382634002/
--- End quote ---

Okay, there are some social media posts at the link, not sure if anything is "unacceptable".  Sounds Tea Partyish.

I'd set the bar at say saying racist, feminist things; but again, I don't know all he has said. From what I've read, Walker has not spoken racist.

Sounds like he speaks the truth from posts on that page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version