Author Topic: Staff Sergent Ronald J. Shurer II Medal of Honor  (Read 405 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Staff Sergent Ronald J. Shurer II Medal of Honor
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:02:18 pm »
Staff Sergent Ronald J. Shurer II Medal of Honor

Ronald J. Shurer II was born in Fairbanks, Alaska, on Dec. 7, 1978. The son of airmen, Shurer lived in Illinois and Idaho before his family was stationed at McChord Air Force Base, Washington. Shurer attended Rogers High School in Puyallup, Washington, where he was a member of the swim team and participated in triathlons and cycling.

Following his high school graduation in 1997, Shurer attended Washington State University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in business economics. Later that year, he enrolled in a master’s degree program at Washington State.
After the events of Sept. 11, 2001, Shurer was inspired to follow in the footsteps of his great-grandfather, grandfather and parents by serving in the U.S. armed forces.

Shurer entered the U.S. Army in 2002 and was assigned to the 601st Area Support Medical Company, 261st Area Medical Battalion, 44th Medical Command, at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. In January 2004, he entered Special Forces selection and reported to the Special Forces Qualification Course in June. After donning his green beret, Shurer was assigned to the 3rd Special Forces Group in June 2006. Shurer deployed to Afghanistan from August 2006 to March 2007, and again from October 2007 to May 2008.

https://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/shurer/?from=hp_spotlight
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: Staff Sergent Ronald J. Shurer II Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 02:03:58 pm »
The media rarely speaks of any REAL heroes so I decided to tell you about one!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Concerned

Re: Staff Sergent Ronald J. Shurer II Medal of Honor
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 02:32:57 pm »
Thanks @Concerned!  Glad to know this one is being more widely covered.

:beer:  @Bigun
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.