Author Topic: Julie Swetnick contradicts sworn statement? Now she isn't sure if Brett Kavanaugh spiked punch at ho  (Read 414 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Julie Swetnick contradicts sworn statement? Now she isn't sure if Brett Kavanaugh spiked punch at house parties
Washington Examiner, Oct 1, 2018, Naomi Lim

Julie Swetnick, the third woman to publicly accuse Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, appeared to contradict a claim she made against the Supreme Court nominee in a sworn declaration last week during a Monday night TV interview.

Swetnick, in her sworn statement, alleges she "became aware of efforts" in the 1980s by Kavanaugh and his Georgetown Preparatory School classmate Mark Judge, among others, to "spike the punch at house parties I attended with drugs and/or grain alcohol so as to cause girls to lose their inhibitions and their ability to say 'no.'"

But when asked by NBC News Monday whether she saw Kavanaugh slip substances into drinks at those gatherings, Swetnick said she only witnessed him "by" the punch. 

"I saw him giving red solo cups to quite a few girls during that time frame and there was grain punch at those parties," she said. "I would not take one of those glasses from Mark Kavanaugh — Brett Kavanaugh, excuse me."

"I saw him around the punch, I won't say bowls, the punch containers," Swetnick continued. "I don't know what he did. But I saw him by them, yes."

Swetnick has not been approached by the FBI as it conducts a supplemental background investigation into the accusations leveled at Kavanaugh, according to her attorney Michael Avenatti. The bureau has to complete its probe within the week before the Senate pushes forward with Kavanaugh's confirmation process.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/julie-swetnick-contradicts-sworn-statement-now-she-isnt-sure-if-brett-kavanaugh-spiked-punch-at-house-parties

Offline mrclose

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 12:18:20 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Swetnick is doing a fine job of torpedoing her own story.
Principles matter. Words matter.