Author Topic: New Gallup poll reveals surge in voter enthusiasm  (Read 531 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Gallup poll reveals surge in voter enthusiasm
« on: October 01, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »
October 1, 2018
New Gallup poll reveals surge in voter enthusiasm
By Thomas Lifson

Gallup has some bad news for Democrats counting on a “blue wave.” We already know that Trump-haters are fired up, and predictions of a “blue wave” rest on the assumption that Democrats, more than Republicans, will be motivated to vote next month. But a poll from Gallup, conducted between September 17 and 23, 4 days before the polarizing testimony of Christine Blasey Ford, reveals that Republicans are just about as fired up as Democrats.

Today's heightened enthusiasm is the result of high levels of enthusiasm among Republicans and Democrats -- possibly reflecting both party groups' enhanced recognition of the importance of the election in light of the high-stakes Kavanaugh hearings.

Sixty-one percent of Democrats and Democratic leaners and 58% of Republicans and Republican leaners say they are more enthusiastic about voting in November compared to prior elections. These levels roughly match Republicans' record-high enthusiasm in 2010, Barack Obama's first midterm, when the GOP won a whopping 63 seats. But this is the first time in Gallup's trend since 1994 that both parties have expressed high enthusiasm.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/10/new_gallup_poll_reveals_surge_in_voter_enthusiasm.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: New Gallup poll reveals surge in voter enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 01:51:05 pm »
Whaddaya know - it just my be the rats who've stepped on their you-know-what this time.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 03:58:05 am »
The idiot Democommies on the Judical Committee of the Senate have done more to ignite outright anger with Republicans and Independents than anything I have seen in decades.  I am confident the Democommies will get clobbered in November.

The problem comes with the weak Republicans, who either can't get anything done, or are passive resistant against the Trump agenda.  What a shame really, for Trump is fully prepared to get great things accomplished and the Senate could not be weaker.  Not sure if the GOP had a 60 vote majority they would get any more done than they are doing now, which is next to nothing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 04:46:55 pm »

In 2010 the rats had 44% enthusiasm today it 63%, and the state legislatures and Governors elected in Nov will decide the congressional redistricting for the next 10 years.  If I was a republican I would be sweating buckets.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 04:48:11 pm »

In 2010 the rats had 44% enthusiasm today it 63%, and the state legislatures and Governors elected in Nov will decide the congressional redistricting for the next 10 years.  If I was a republican I would be sweating buckets.

Not really. Look at the 2006 gap and the 2018 gap. They're not at all comparable.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 04:54:40 pm »
But will the lazy 'rats get up off their asses and actually vote? Republicans will crawl across glass shards to vote this election.
Principles matter. Words matter.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 04:58:06 pm »
Not really. Look at the 2006 gap and the 2018 gap. They're not at all comparable.
No need to quibble about it.  If that looks good to you, it looks good to you. 

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 05:10:06 pm »
No need to quibble about it.  If that looks good to you, it looks good to you.

Good?  :shrug:

Not good, just different. We all know midterms for an incumbent President are a tough situation even under the best of situations. You would agree with that, no?

Would you at least agree that there seems to be a big difference between 2006 and 2018?

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 05:18:10 pm »
But will the lazy 'rats get up off their asses and actually vote? Republicans will crawl across glass shards to vote this election.

A month ago I didn't really care if the Pubs lost the House. The Pub party really didn't accomplish all that much. I always wanted them to keep the Senate because of judicial nominations. Now I'm so disgusted with the Rats I will not only vote, I will be sure to check with all my conservative friends to make sure they vote.

If the confirmation hearings don't show you what a clear and present danger the Rats are to the Republic nothing will.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 05:32:45 pm »
Good?  :shrug:

Not good, just different. We all know midterms for an incumbent President are a tough situation even under the best of situations. You would agree with that, no?

Would you at least agree that there seems to be a big difference between 2006 and 2018?

Sure.  The gap is only 3% today where it was 9% in 2006...but I'd point out the rat enthusiasm is even higher than it was in 2006.

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 05:34:26 pm »
Sure.  The gap is only 3% today where it was 9% in 2006...but I'd point out the rat enthusiasm is even higher than it was in 2006.

Yeah and GOP enthusiasm is way higher too. And this poll's timeline was before the Kavanaugh thing hit.