Author Topic: On Kavanaugh, has disgraced Dianne Feinstein finished herself off?  (Read 567 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On Kavanaugh, has disgraced Dianne Feinstein finished herself off?
« on: September 29, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »
September 28, 2018
On Kavanaugh, has disgraced Dianne Feinstein finished herself off?
By Monica Showalter

As Sen. Lindsey Graham unexpectedly elevated himself to statesman during the last of the Senate hearings on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein dropped herself to bottom of the barrel as a political hack.  Her performance, from start to finish, was a disgrace.  It was so bad, so loathsome, even to the left, that it's hard to think it won't cost her her Senate seat, where she is in a tight race this November.

Here was the exchange on the Senate floor just yesterday, and Fox News has a video here:

"Only at an 11th hour, on the eve of Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation vote, did the ranking member refer the allegations to the FBI.  And then the allegations were leaked to the press.  That's where Dr. Ford was mistreated.  This is a shameful way to treat our witness, who insisted on confidentiality, and Judge Kavanaugh, who has had to address these allegations in the midst of a media circus."

Feinstein responded to Grassley's criticism when she began her opening remarks, saying, "Yes, I did receive a letter from Dr. Ford ... the next day, I called Dr. Ford, we spoke on the phone, she reiterated that she wanted this held confidential.  And I held it confidential, up to a point where the witness was willing to come forward."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/on_kavanaugh_has_disgraceful_dianne_feinstein_finished_herself_off.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: On Kavanaugh, has disgraced Dianne Feinstein finished herself off?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »
DiFi's actions need to be fully investigated and appropriate action taken!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 03:56:18 pm »
"And I held it confidential, up to a point where the witness was willing to come forward."

With this statement, she is admitting that she is the one who leaked Ford's name. "I held it confidential up to a point" is an admission that at some time she reached a conclusion that it was time to leak.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:58:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 04:13:52 pm »
Every R in Cali should vote for Feinstein's opponent.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »
No.

The press will always have the Democrats' back.  Watching our news in this country is like watching "Vremya" in the former Soviet Union.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 04:31:48 pm »
If Feinstein can employ a Chinese spy for 20 years and then go on to destroy a federal judge I'd say Feinstein's job and position are pretty damn secure.

She's untouchable.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 04:57:13 pm »
She is in a tight reelection race. If the Rs in Cali vote for her opponent Diane is toast.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 06:53:39 pm »
Every R in Cali should vote for Feinstein's opponent.

Well that would be another democrat, further left than Feinstein. He's Kevin de Leon, author of the infamous Sanctuary State bill. SB54

The bill was judged unconstitutional  a few days ago.

I say votefor the Republican, in hopes the once resspected CA GOP finds itself again.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 06:59:42 pm »
Well that would be another democrat, further left than Feinstein. He's Kevin de Leon, author of the infamous Sanctuary State bill. SB54

The bill was judged unconstitutional  a few days ago.

I say votefor the Republican, in hopes the once resspected CA GOP finds itself again.

I don't think of it as voting FOR the Republican, but voting AGAINST the Democrat.  If you could go back in time to early 1930s Germany, wouldn't you vote for anyone over a Nazi or a Communist?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 01:48:13 am »
truth seeker wrote:
"I say vote for the Republican, in hopes the once resspected CA GOP finds itself again."

Is there even a Republican -- ANY Republican -- on the ballot in the CA Senate race this year?

I was of the understanding that because of California's "jungle style" primary, the two top vote-getters were the "opposing candidates".

And that the top vote-getters were Feinstein and [phony-de] Leon.

Where does the Republican candidate come into play, and where is his/her place on the ballot?