Author Topic: Brett Kavanaugh’s July 1 calendar entry that could help Ford’s case, explained  (Read 713 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brett Kavanaugh’s July 1 calendar entry that could help Ford’s case, explained
It could be corroborating evidence for Ford’s account.
By Li Zhouli@vox.com Sep 28, 2018, 1:40pm EDT

A July 1 entry from Brett Kavanaugh’s calendar details a gathering with friends. Brett Kavanaugh/Vox

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has pointed to his high school calendars as a key piece of evidence that proves he couldn’t possibly have attended the gathering where Christine Blasey Ford has accused him of sexually assaulting her. As the argument goes, if Kavanaugh didn’t put an event on his calendar, he simply wasn’t there. “If the party described by Dr. Ford happened in the summer of 1982 on a weekend night, my calendar shows all but definitively that I was not there,” he said during opening remarks at a Thursday hearing focused on sexual misconduct allegations against him. (He denies these allegations.)

The calendar doesn’t illustrate much except that he spent a lot of time hanging out with friends, Vox’s Tara Golshan writes. Upon closer analysis, however, one of the events detailed on it could possibly serve as evidence — not for him, but against him.

As the Washington Post notes, Arizona prosecutor Rachel Mitchell — the attorney who questioned both Ford and Kavanaugh — ended up highlighting an interesting connection between a July 1 entry in Kavanaugh’s calendar and the account that Ford has provided regarding the evening of her assault.

more
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/28/17914174/brett-kavanaugh-calendar-christine-blasey-ford
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wonder if the house in question, had a swimming pool. That could mean nothing at all, except her saying she was in a swimsuit.

Offline endicom

So the house would be Tim Gaudette's? Which house was that at that time?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'd have to see how many other times, Kavanaugh refers to brewskis if he was such a partier. This is a stretch but could pan out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if the house in question, had a swimming pool. That could mean nothing at all, except her saying she was in a swimsuit.

No, she testified that she had just come from the country club.

Offline Idiot

What assault????  This was high school....this is all a NON-EVENT.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
So all these witnesses are all lying then?

Offline goatprairie

So all these witnesses are all lying then?
Very good point. If all women have to be believed, why is Ford's testimony more honest than her friend's testimony? She has basically accused her friend of lying.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No, she testified that she had just come from the country club.

How did FFFFFord get from the country club to the house?

Online Hoodat

How did FFFFFord get from the country club to the house?

Ford forgot that part.  She forgot where the house is, too.  But she does know that the bathroom of that house happens to be upstairs and that she drank only one beer the entire evening.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The house from the calendar is eleven miles from the Columbia Country Club, and one of the few things Ford is certain of is that the house (where she claims the " gathering" was) was near the club.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

With Ford and her lawyers poring over Kavanaugh's calendars I'm surprised it took them this long to finally come up with that date. Watch how certain she becomes that the deed happened on July 1.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
With Ford and her lawyers poring over Kavanaugh's calendars I'm surprised it took them this long to finally come up with that date. Watch how certain she becomes that the deed happened on July 1.

Those recovered memories are a living, breathing thing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

What assault????  This was high school....this is all a NON-EVENT.

This is going to be my stock response to anyone who wants to argue with me about this case - 'so what, it was high school. big deal'.