Author Topic: Why the Brett Kavanaugh Smear?... by John Hinderaker  (Read 367 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why the Brett Kavanaugh Smear?... by John Hinderaker
« on: September 29, 2018, 05:03:37 pm »
 Posted on September 28, 2018 by John Hinderaker
Why the Brett Kavanaugh Smear?

One question I have pondered over the last few weeks is, why are the Democrats so determined to block Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court? Realistically, he is the most moderate nominee they are likely to see from the Trump administration. If his nomination fails, the president will most likely appoint Amy Barrett, who is secure against #MeToo allegations and is both more conservative and younger than Kavanaugh. So what is the point?

To some extent, the Democrats’ bizarre smear campaign against Kavanaugh is explicable on short-term political grounds. The Democrats’ crazed base demands that they #Resist, so resist they will, whether it does any good or not. But I think there is something deeper and more sinister at work.

Brett Kavanaugh enjoys one of the most spotless reputations of anyone in American public life. He has been enthusiastically endorsed by those who have known him all his life–by girls he knew in high school and college, by judges he has served with, by professors and students and Harvard and Yale law schools, by judges who have worked with him, by his judicial clerks–most of whom have been women–by the American Bar Association, by sitting Supreme Court justices. In short, everyone who has ever known or dealt with Brett Kavanaugh endorses him.

more
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/09/why-the-brett-kavanaugh-smear.php
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Why the Brett Kavanaugh Smear?... by John Hinderaker
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:28:35 am »
Because losing the Supreme Court is going to do nuclear damage to the liberal agenda for decades.

They may even take up the 2nd A and overturn State Gun Prohibition laws.

Why the Rat desperation?

Terror. Sheer, stark raving terror.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Why the Brett Kavanaugh Smear?... by John Hinderaker
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 01:32:45 am »
Because losing the Supreme Court is going to do nuclear damage to the liberal agenda for decades.

They may even take up the 2nd A and overturn State Gun Prohibition laws.

Why the Rat desperation?

Terror. Sheer, stark raving terror.

Yep!  On many fronts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien