Author Topic: Dems Quietly Plan to Review and Release Trump's Taxes  (Read 798 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems Quietly Plan to Review and Release Trump's Taxes
« on: September 30, 2018, 01:20:38 pm »
Dems Quietly Plan to Review and Release Trump's Taxes
MSN, Sep 29, 2018, Newsweek

Democrats on Capitol Hill seem to be quietly preparing to examine President Donald Trump’s tax returns, which he refused to release on the 2016 campaign trail, and publicly release portions of them. But only if their party regains control of the House or Senate after the midterm elections. 

Using a nearly 100-year-old statute, Democrats plan to use the little-known measure to legally obtain the president’s past tax filings without his permission. Created in 1924 as a provision under the Internal Revenue Code, the law states the U.S. Treasury Department “shall” turn over “any return or return information” requested by the chairmen of the House and Senate tax committees, in addition to Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation, for lawmakers to see.

Those tax committees include the Senate Finance Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee.

Democratic Representative Lloyd Doggett of Texas, a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, told Politico the best approach to using the statute would be to “get all of [Trump’s filings], review it and, depending on what that shows, release all or part of it.”

More:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dems-quietly-plan-to-review-and-release-trumps-taxes/ar-BBNIuzi?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Dems Quietly Plan to Review and Release Trump's Taxes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:22:59 pm »
Democratic Representative Lloyd Doggett of Texas, a member of the House Ways and Means Committee, told Politico the best approach to using the statute would be to “get all of [Trump’s filings], review it and, depending on what that shows, release all or part of it.”

Wow.  Democrats must be getting punch drunk.....they're coming perilously close to transparency.

BassWrangler

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »
These people really are the scum of the earth.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:36:34 pm »

After last weeks shit, I really need to get away for a week at the lake and have it out with the fish population.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 01:40:20 pm »
After last weeks shit, I really need to get away for a week at the lake and have it out with the fish population.

I hear ya. I need to tune out of the politics for a week. I've never been so angry in my life. Just when I've calmed down, I read some ignorant Kavanaugh conspiracy theory on Twitter and I am curious again. The latest theory I read is that "Devil's Triangle" doesn't refer to a drinking game.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 01:43:49 pm »
. The latest theory I read is that "Devil's Triangle" doesn't refer to a drinking game.

I figured it meant Hilary's pubic area.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 02:12:40 pm »
Normal people don't like this kind of vindictive crap.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 02:20:48 pm »
Normal people don't like this kind of vindictive crap.

You're right. A good indicator of how the public looks at this garbage is how liberal acquaintances are not talking about it, except with other liberals. The whole thing stinks.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 02:25:24 pm »

..take me with you!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 02:33:07 pm »

And Lloyd Doggett is about as low as you can go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 05:57:40 pm »
They really are panicked, thinking that they are so close to achieving their goal and being stymied, at least temporarily.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 11:49:52 pm »
I call them for who and what they are:
democrat-communists.

If you, the good folks of this forum, think the same of them as do I, why don't you call a spade a spade and name them for who they really are?

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 11:54:01 pm »
   This azzhole is my Rep, his district is so gerrymandered that he will be there till he dies, just like SJL's district.
   With that being said, Trump's Tax Returns are his Achilles heel, I have no doubt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 11:55:34 pm »
All the MSM can do is pump out these shit pieces to try and gin up their base. Looks like they are not so confident about this red wave bullshit.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 11:57:31 pm »
I call them for who and what they are:
democrat-communists.

If you, the good folks of this forum, think the same of them as do I, why don't you call a spade a spade and name them for who they really are?

/SSSSS

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com