Author Topic: Maryland state lawmakers seek local Kavanaugh investigation  (Read 626 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maryland state lawmakers seek local Kavanaugh investigation
« on: September 29, 2018, 02:38:35 pm »
 In Maryland, 11 state lawmakers have asked Montgomery County law enforcement officials to investigate the 36...
Posted: Sep. 29, 2018 9:29 AM
Updated: Sep. 29, 2018 9:29 AM
Posted By: CNN Wire

In Maryland, 11 state lawmakers have asked Montgomery County law enforcement officials to investigate the 36-year-old sexual assault allegations against Judge Brett Kavanaugh that have gripped the nation.

Kavanaugh was nominated by President Donald Trump to fill a vacancy on the US Supreme Court. He has been accused by Christine Blasey Ford of attacking her when both were teenagers in Montgomery County in the early 1980s. Kavanaugh and Ford testified at a Senate hearing Thursday, at which he again denied the allegations.

more
http://www.kimt.com/content/national/494653871.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Countdown to Resignation

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Maryland state lawmakers seek local Kavanaugh investigation
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 02:47:20 pm »
PDF: Police and State’s Attorney response to Montgomery County House Delegation’s request to open criminal investigation against Judge Brett Kavanaugh
http://www.baltimoresun.com/bal-police-and-state-s-attorney-response-to-montgomery-county-house-delegation-s-request-to-open-crimina-20180928-htmlstory.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 02:52:24 pm »
In 1982 assault and attempted rape was a misdemeanor and one year statute of limitations. Laws in effect at time of offense (which never happened regarding Kavanaugh) apply.

No wonder Ford's attorney haven't' requested them to investigate an unknown time and place.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 03:03:51 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 02:52:30 pm »
At the time the incident occurred what Kavanaugh is accused of doing was a misdemeanor if it is ever proven, and did have a statute of limitations. This was not changed until 1996, well after the supposed offence is thought to have happened. If Maryland bows to the Democrats to 'investigate', they would have to change their current rules to do so.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 03:00:51 pm »
Attempted rape was a misdemeanor?!?!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 03:06:20 pm »

Yes, and the one year statute of limitations would prevent women with recovered memories from making unprovable accusations years later.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 03:17:14 pm »

Yes.

http://dcist.com/2018/09/local_laws_kavanaugh_hearing.php

...At the time, attempted rape was a misdemeanor in Maryland, which meant it had a 1-year statute of limitations, according to Lisae Jordan, the executive director and counsel for the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault. Maryland law changed in 1996, making attempted rape a felony with an unlimited statute of limitations. But a crime that occurred in 1982 would be prosecuted under the law as it existed in 1982....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 03:24:50 pm »

As far as I know there is no specific charge. I have heard:

sexual misbehavior
sexual harassment
sexual assault
attempted rape ... all thrown in the mix.

I'm not sure what the local authorities would charge, since nothing sexual occurred, nothing violent occurred, both kids were underage, both were at a party, and both were drinking. If any of this happened at all since there is no date, or address, or witnesses who can verify that the party ever happened. The accuser's own description sounds like some kid, whomever it was, was involved in hijinks and pinned her on a bed and may have haphazardly tried to undress her or something, but was inexperienced and failed. Then he gave up. Did not pursue her any further. Then she left without telling anyone about her so called 'trauma'. I don't know what you would call that in terms of a crime. Especially since they were both minors. But calling it 'attempted rape' is making a mockery of real, actual rape victims all over the world.

If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 03:28:10 pm »
Attempted rape a misdemeanor and then, if one is below the age of majority and has a clean record, juvie records were often expunged. But I don't believe there is a need for this.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 03:32:30 pm »
Doesn't matter.  They're going to Nifong this until after the midterms.  Tucker Carlson was right ... this is like watching a horror movie, where everybody knows what is coming, except the victims.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 04:06:37 pm »
Doesn't matter.  They're going to Nifong this until after the midterms.  Tucker Carlson was right ... this is like watching a horror movie, where everybody knows what is coming, except the victims.

Not everyone. Even after being betrayed ten thousand times by the Democrats, for whatever reason the Republicans are taking the attitude, "They will keep their word this time." even though they never ever do keep their bargains. I don't know if the Republicans are actually that stupid, or if they are complicit in sabotaging Kavanaugh. Either way, the result is the same. Whenever the Pubs go up against the Dems, the Pubs lose 9 out of 10 times. This looks like another one in the loss column for the Pubs.

I hope not, but if history is a guide the Republicans will eventually concede to the Dems and call for another candidate. Giving up at the first sign of any kind of trouble comes naturally to them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:08:33 pm by 240B »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »

This is a perfect description of the events unfolding.   :crying:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2018, 07:01:35 pm »
Bill of attainder. State legislatures are forbidden from targeting individuals for criminal accusations. That is an executive responsibility.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024