Author Topic: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh  (Read 7244 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2018, 07:16:47 pm »
We may lose this battle, if Flake, Murkowski and Collins vote 'No' as I fear they will.

But we will win the war.

While I don't agree (yet) about the status of this battle, I certainly do agree the Rats are doing themselves long-term damage here.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2018, 07:20:42 pm »
While I don't agree (yet) about the status of this battle, I certainly do agree the Rats are doing themselves long-term damage here.

Flake's a 'no', he's pretty much telegraphing it now.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2018, 07:27:02 pm »
Yes @Chosen Daughter  it is wrong.  It is horribly wrong and you know it. You chose to blame the President ... one of the innocent parties in this whole ugly mess when there are so many egregiously guilty parties that deserve blame.

You and your little façade is what is wrong.  I don't place blame.  I said Trump made the decision based on Senates recommendation.  Hindsight tells me that if you want to place any blame it is on whoever made the decision for a hearing open to the entire United State public. 

What's wrong is government and their inability to reign in the circus.

And I will tell you another thing Emjay.  What is wrong in politics is people like you who thing life is a group think.

And Lindsey Graham isn't doing Kavanaugh any favors but go ahead and cheer.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 07:30:00 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2018, 07:27:51 pm »
Flake's a 'no', he's pretty much telegraphing it now.

I've watched his waffle shtick for years.  12 years as my Rep, and 5 or so as my Senator. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2018, 07:29:31 pm »
You and your little façade is what is wrong.  I don't place blame.  I said Trump made the decision based on Senates recommendation.  Hindsight tells me that if you want to place any blame it is on whoever made the decision for a hearing open to the entire United State public. 

While I maintain, strictly speaking, it's the Whip (Cornyn) and the Majority Leader (McConnell) job, it's also the President's call, practically speaking.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2018, 08:08:35 pm »
While I maintain, strictly speaking, it's the Whip (Cornyn) and the Majority Leader (McConnell) job, it's also the President's call, practically speaking.

I think it was a huge mistake.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2018, 08:22:19 pm »

And I will tell you another thing Emjay.  What is wrong in politics is people like you who thing life is a group think.

And Lindsey Graham isn't doing Kavanaugh any favors but go ahead and cheer.

Wow @Chosen Daughter   so .... is Trump to blame, or am I to blame ... or is it both of us.

And, by the way, Graham was a breath of fresh air and everyone loved it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2018, 08:50:28 pm »
Wow @Chosen Daughter   so .... is Trump to blame, or am I to blame ... or is it both of us.

And, by the way, Graham was a breath of fresh air and everyone loved it.

Prime example of your façade.  "everyone loved it".  If everyone loved it we wouldn't be here today talking about it.  We would be discussing our new Supreme Court Justice.  At least 3 Republicans were not all in on your love fest.  As much as you want group think we are a population of individuals.  Totally false statement Emjay.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2018, 09:21:52 pm »

We'll see, I really don't know.  We have to get two of the three wafflers, or it's a fail.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2018, 09:28:27 pm »

How the HELL is it a mistake when the alternative was utter and immediate failure?

If he doesn't postpone it and allow the investigation, MurkFlakCol vote no and Kavanaugh doesn't make it to the Supreme Court. By giving the week they demand, there is at least a chance that he gets their votes.

What could be a worse mistake than holding a vote and having the nomination fail? This investigation is horsecrap, but it may give just enough cover to draw in the MurkFlakCol vote. If not, and it fails, then we are in the same spot we'd be if we'd voted on Friday.

So, your position is nonsensical at best.

BTW, your assertion that anyone here believes in "groupthink" is self serving twaddle. Emjay is a nuanced and rational thinker...simply believing there is a time when conservatives should pull together to accomplish conservative goals, is not advocating group think. It is simply common sense.

@Chosen Daughter
@Emjay
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:32:10 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2018, 09:45:54 pm »
How the HELL is it a mistake when the alternative was utter and immediate failure?

If he doesn't postpone it and allow the investigation, MurkFlakCol vote no and Kavanaugh doesn't make it to the Supreme Court. By giving the week they demand, there is at least a chance that he gets their votes.

What could be a worse mistake than holding a vote and having the nomination fail? This investigation is horsecrap, but it may give just enough cover to draw in the MurkFlakCol vote. If not, and it fails, then we are in the same spot we'd be if we'd voted on Friday.

BTW, your assertion that anyone here believes in "groupthink" is self serving twaddle. Emjay is a nuanced and rational thinker...simply believing there is a time when conservatives should pull together to accomplish conservative goals, is not advocating group think. It is simply common sense.

@Chosen Daughter
@Emjay

Well if you can assert that her comment that everyone loved it we would have voted on Friday so it is false.  I wish everyone would have come together for the vote but they didn't.  And I can't pretend that at least on one question the judge lost his cool.  Understandable,...........yes but in a public hearing people are going to take out of it what they do.  Public hearing does not make great group think.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:46:35 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2018, 09:52:18 pm »
One very important thing seems to have been overlooked on the thread up to now.   

A confirmation vote on Kavanaugh before the election is now assured!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2018, 10:20:19 pm »

@Chosen Daughter
@Emjay

Thanks @Mesaclone  but Aunt Bea just amuses me.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2018, 10:33:15 pm »
Of all people, Trump has to be careful when talking about Ford.  I think the use of the word "compelling" was the right one.  It's not saying he believes her.
I'll cut Trump some slack on this one. He's between a rock and a hard place. He can't sound like he's got it in for women, and he can't desert Kavanaugh. Remember, in liberal world he's the evil ogre who uses women. This makes him look genuinely concerned for the truth wherever it lies.
He's already made it pretty clear he thinks Kavanaugh is telling the truth.  He's just trying give the Pubbie doubters a little more time and maybe get a Dem or two to crossover.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2018, 10:35:54 pm »
So true, but thank goodness he does not have to be careful when discussing DiFi.  She is the true monster in this whole ugly mess.
:thumbsup:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2018, 10:36:52 pm »
I'll cut Trump some slack on this one. He's between a rock and a hard place. He can't sound like he's got it in for women, and he can't desert Kavanaugh. Remember, in liberal world he's the evil ogre who uses women. This makes him look genuinely concerned for the truth wherever it lies.
He's already made it pretty clear he thinks Kavanaugh is telling the truth.  He's just trying give the Pubbie doubters a little more time and maybe get a Dem or two to crossover.

It’s ok when trump does it. Gotcha.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2018, 12:47:08 am »
Thanks @Mesaclone  but Aunt Bea just amuses me.

Whatever Boomquifa

Offline corbe

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2018, 12:51:44 am »
 :rolling:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:31 am »
:rolling:

What's so funny @corbe ??  I can't think of a single thing that is funny.

Offline corbe

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2018, 02:30:18 am »
   Don't bust my balls @Emjay I am as aggravated as you seem to be. 
   This is what I wanted to Originally post to @Chosen Daughter , but thought it would just set in concrete my 'supposed' hate for the Man~President Trump, oh hell, I'm gonna post it anyway.

*  I still have no idea what a Boomquifa is and I looked it up, but I thought it was a hilarious IMG.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2018, 02:44:35 am »
   Don't bust my balls @Emjay I am as aggravated as you seem to be. 
   This is what I wanted to Originally post to @Chosen Daughter , but thought it would just set in concrete my 'supposed' hate for the Man~President Trump, oh hell, I'm gonna post it anyway.

*  I still have no idea what a Boomquifa is and I looked it up, but I thought it was a hilarious IMG.
Well I like Diamond and Silk so it's okay with me.  What are you aggravated about?

Offline corbe

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2018, 03:03:39 am »
   I've lived in this little town for 20 years (New Braunfels) and it's time for me to go.  There is not much sadness involved in the decision, just weariness of selling this place and moving elsewhere.
   Even putting off fixing my cat next week to get over to the Frio River and talk to some Real Estate agents. 
   It seems like all my neighbors are either going to old folks homes, dying, or going through a bitter divorce.

I'm stressed!      @Emjay

PS:  The guy directly behind me dying last week (no Family) opens up the possibility of a whole acre lot (combined with mine) six blocks from downtown, maximum potential, zoned Bed & Breakfast.

Just seem overly burnt out, lately.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2018, 04:01:20 am »
   I've lived in this little town for 20 years (New Braunfels) and it's time for me to go.  There is not much sadness involved in the decision, just weariness of selling this place and moving elsewhere.
   Even putting off fixing my cat next week to get over to the Frio River and talk to some Real Estate agents. 
   It seems like all my neighbors are either going to old folks homes, dying, or going through a bitter divorce.

PS:  The guy directly behind me dying last week (no Family) opens up the possibility of a whole acre lot (combined with mine) six blocks from downtown, maximum potential, zoned Bed & Breakfast.

I totally understand, corbe.  I'm still suffering from the after effects of my decision to move to Hawaii.  I mean, I'm glad I did and it was the best thing for me, but it was quite an upheaval and when I think about what I had to do ... the hassle of selling my house which was large and full of too many furnishings with a lot of big antique pieces ... I can't believe I did it.

I couldn't do it again.  But it seems pretty obvious that you need a fresh start somewhere and I hope you can muster up the courage to deal with all the stuff moving will entail.  And take care of your cat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2018, 04:03:42 am »

I know that feeling, Bro.  Leaving Phoenix after almost 40 years here, and it's difficult to contemplate.  Four decades of my "sensible collection habits."  Going to a nice town across the Colorado from a city full of casinos.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2018, 05:35:27 am »
Abdicative management is a disease that has long been pervsive throughout America.  I actually had a Sr VP, a man I worked for in control of 80% of the company I work for say to me, 'Michael, if I can delay a decision until the very last moment, then I will do so'.  His constant delays did no good for the company or the people working there.

Trump is decisive, a real decision maker and the Senate is notorious as being abdicative in EVERYTHING they do.  McConnell is in charge of the do nothing Senate, but in the end, the GOP rolls the dice before November, or perhaps they lose that right after November, and we sit for two years with an empty seat on the Supreme Court.  With a Democommie majority in the Senate, they will never approve anyone Trump appoints.

That is why it is critical for the three dead from the neck up Republicants, Flake, Collins and Murkowski to get onboard or destroy a man's life who has been falsely accused of all this insanity. The Democommies have no character, no moral compass, they are masters of fabrication and lack honor.  They are vermin, and as such deserve no audience.  Republicans and Independents must rise up to defeat the Democommies and send a definitive message that their kind just are not welcome in this republic.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:38:48 am by jafo2010 »